About the Team:
Group Black is a next-gen media collective and accelerator focused on the advancement of Black-owned media properties. Group Black will do more than simply traffic media dollars to current Black-owned media businesses. We will expand Black ownership of media, and support and encourage young Black entrepreneurs to develop the media properties of the future.
Advertising sales will be a mechanism that provides re-investable profits to fuel future growth. This includes digital media, connected TV, conversational media, OTT media services, unique verticals, and other emerging media formats. The Product Marketing team is critical to a company’s profit and growth, our PM team believes in being the best in their respective area of marketing expertise. This high-performing team brings a customer-focused, collaborative mindset and creative energy to their deliverables each day.
This newly created leadership position will be a critical partner to our Sales and Partnership teams. The Senior Director, Product Marketing will create campaigns and plans to achieve our Group Black growth strategy effectively. A visionary and storyteller, you will inspire our sales teams, customers, and partners with captivating content, tools, and resources.
Reporting to our Chief Sales Officer, the Senior Director, Product Marketing will serve as the liaison between the Product team and the Marketing, Creative, Communications, and Sales team. You will play a pivotal role in shaping how we communicate and deliver the value of our Group Black products and solutions to millions of users. Cross-functional leadership, the ability to run multiple concurrent projects, and comfort with ambiguity are a must for this role.
- Define and support the go-to-market strategy and tactics for our Group Black brands and services. Develop integrated marketing plans in collaboration with Product, Marketing, and Sales.
- Develop and execute comprehensive integrated marketing and communications plans.
- Create and deliver compelling sales programs, tools, and training to Sales and partners.
- Recruit and lead a team of Product Marketing Managers in support of our Group Black Member Companies.
- Develop the sales and marketing content for internal and external use (collateral, presentations, webinar, blogs, etc.).
- Work closely with the sales team to gain feedback and interest from external parties to gain insight into future offerings or modifications to current offerings.
- Support our Request for Proposal (RFP) response development as it is through the RFP process that we are able to win new business and retain existing business.
- Lead cross-functional and collaborative campaigns and launch programs to ensure successful product rollouts.
- Provide thought leadership on market and competitive trends.
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 8+ years experience in marketing roles
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in product management or product marketing role
- Experience working with or at an agency is a plus
- BA/BS degree
- Experience building and leading a high-performing team of individual product marketing contributors and/or managers.
- Embrace working in a fast-paced continually evolving environment
- Strong verbal, written, storytelling, and visual communication skills.
- Analytical and data-driven
- Structured and a strategic thinker
- Experience in presentation and report design as well as data visualization
- Strong project management skills
- Willingness to adapt to change in a growing company
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.