About the Team:
Group Black is a next-gen media collective and accelerator focused on the advancement of Black-owned media properties. Group Black will do more than simply traffic media dollars to current Black-owned media businesses. We will expand Black ownership of media, and support and encourage young Black entrepreneurs to develop the media properties of the future.
Working with Us:
The Group Black’s sales team will own filling our unique set of inventory that spans across numerous types of media. Advertising sales will be a mechanism that provides re-investable profits to fuel future growth. This includes digital media, connected TV, conversational media, OTT media services, unique verticals, and other emerging media formats. The members of our sales team are energetic and proactive team players who can simultaneously partner with our clients and work hands-on alongside our internal teams.
Are you a passionate salesperson and hunter, who carries the responsibility for managing the full sales cycle, from prospecting to contracted sales? Group Black is growing rapidly and seeking a Client Partner to play a key role in further growing the business. Reporting directly to our VP or Sr. Director of Sales the Client Partner will work closely with our clients as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique business goals and partner to help achieve them.
This position requires an energetic, highly- motivated, and committed team player who will maximize and develop profitable new opportunities for both the advertiser and Group Black. Successful candidates will also demonstrate an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment to achieve results, despite obstacles!
- Generate/increase the revenue of new and existing accounts from an established list of advertising agencies and clients to meet annual revenue goals.
- Generate additional revenue from untapped sources.
- Create compelling sales presentations and execute sales calls with agency planning/buying groups and clients to secure business, utilizing Group Black guidelines and keeping the network’s best inventory interests in mind.
- Develop and deliver creative advertising campaigns and media plans for each individual client.
- Handle linear and digital execution, from pre-sell through post-recap.
- Ensure clients receive superior customer service.
- Attend regular sales meetings and travel as needed.
- You will provide insight and expertise on our Group Black solutions when brand agencies are prospecting and pitching new business.
What you bring to the team:
- 1-5+ years of selling to or consulting with agencies, corporate, media sector or enterprise customers, while driving transformation from within an organization.
- Experience in multi-platform media or advertising sales, a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
- The ability to provide thorough daily/weekly/monthly forecasting metrics and communicate them in a succinct manner.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, client relation and organizational skills.
- Position requires excellent organizational/time management skills and leadership ability.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a positive attitude and be effective in communication.
- Proven track record of sales success and comfortable selling 5-7 figure deals. Bonus points if you have built your own book of business previously.
- Consultative Selling approaches.
- New Business Prospecting & Closing skills.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment that includes ongoing learning opportunities.
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.