A bit about us
GroundTruth is a media company that turns real-world behavior into marketing that delivers real business results. Using observed real-world consumer behavior, like location and purchase data, it creates targeted advertising campaigns across all screens for advertisers. GroundTruth then measures how consumers respond to the campaigns – including if they physically show up to a location or website – to understand the real business results generated by a brand's advertising. GroundTruth’s proprietary Location, Place, and Visitation data sets are accredited by the Media Ratings Council and trusted by thousands of brands and their agencies.
Learn more at GroundTruth.com.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Senior Software Engineer (Advertising Web Applications)
Location: Remote (Gurgaon, India) | Engineering
About the advertising web applications team
The advertising web applications team is responsible for the customer systems allowing users to explore our advertising offerings and location/audience insights, book omni-channel advertising campaigns, and view detailed campaign reports and location analytics. We build UI components and pages with React and Angular and API endpoints with Python/Flask and Java. We also work closely with AWS and manage a number of related microservices: auth, search, video transcoding, feature flags, etc.
The senior level represents
Expert professionals with significant experience who plan, design, organize, and execute large units of work in collaboration with stakeholders. These employees are subject matter experts in technologies and business practices who coach, mentor, and supervise less experienced staff members.
Responsibilities of the role
- Lead engineering efforts across multiple software components.
- Write excellent production code and tests and help others improve in code-reviews.
- Analyze high-level requirements to design, document, estimate, and build systems.
- Collaborate with their supporting Devops engineer to create reusable architectural components.
- Coach and mentor engineers within the team to develop their skills and abilities
- Continuously improve the team's practices in code-quality, reliability, performance, testing, automation, logging, monitoring, alerting, and build processes
- Education and professional experience:
- PHD or Masters degree in STEM with 4+ years experience in technology
- or 4-year degree in STEM with 6+ years experience in technology
- or 8+ years experience in technology
- Additional nice to have skills/certifications: Flask, Fast API, Material UI, React, Redux, Angular, PHP, next.js, Jest
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt.
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn.
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts.
- A strong communicator who can collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs.
- A problem solver with a maker mindset.
- Working with multiple teams to propose and build software solutions that make positive impact to business.
- Parental leave- Maternity and Paternity
- Flexible Time Offs (Earned Leaves, Sick Leaves, Birthday leave, Bereavement leave & Company Holidays)
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- Health cover for any hospitalization. Covers both nuclear family and parents
- Covid home quarantine cover
- Tele-med for free doctor consultation, discounts on health checkups and medicines
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Childcare Expenses and reimbursements
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Education reimbursement program
- Skill development program
- Cell phone reimbursement (Mobile Subsidy program)
- Internet reimbursement
- Birthday treat reimbursement
- Home office set up
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme offering different tax saving options such as VPF and employee and employer contribution up to 12% Basic
- Creche reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- NPS employer match
- Meal card for tax benefit
- Special benefits on salary account
- New joiner relocation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.