A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Role : Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Advertising Data Flows)
Location : Gurugram, India
About the advertising data flows team
The advertising data flows team is responsible for the streaming and batch data processes that power our reporting, analytics, attribution, forecasting, optimization, ad delivery, and billing systems with a business focus on accurately associating real-world visits to digital media impressions and growing our connected TV line of business. We rely heavily on AWS using Kinesis streams a variety of big data technologies including Athena, EMR, Spark, and Lambdas.
The senior level represents
Expert professionals with significant experience who plan, design, organize, and execute large units of work in collaboration with stakeholders. These employees are subject matter experts in technologies and business practices who coach, mentor, and supervise less experienced staff members.
Responsibilities of the role
- Lead the engineering efforts across multiple software components
- Write excellent production code and tests and help others improve in code-reviews
- Analyze high-level requirements to design, document, estimate, and build systems
- Coordinate across teams to identify, resolve, mitigate and prevent technical issues
- Coach and mentor engineers within the team to develop their skills and abilities
- Continuously improve the team's practices in code-quality, reliability, performance, testing, automation, logging, monitoring, alerting, and build processes
- Education and professional experience:
- PHD or Masters degree in Computer or equivalent with 4+ years experience in technology
- The following skills/certifications: Python, SQL, AWS
- Additional nice to have skills/certifications: Athena, Lambda, EMR, Spark, Glue, Step Functions, Hadoop, Kinesis, Orc, Parquet, Perl, Awk, Redshift
Cultural fit at GroundTruth
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.