Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
We are seeking a dynamic and ambitious Special Assistant to the CEO to join our team. In this role, you will provide comprehensive administrative assistance and support to the CEO of Gro Intelligence while actively engaging in special projects and initiatives, attending external meetings, and working with the Chief of Staff and Associates in the Office of the CEO.
This role is designed to go beyond traditional administrative responsibilities and encompasses a more comprehensive set of tasks. Our ideal candidate possesses a diverse skill set that includes strong administrative capabilities and the ability to engage with the content of our business. We believe that individuals with varied backgrounds, such as finance, venture capital, consulting, and beyond, can bring fresh perspectives and insights that are invaluable to our organization's growth.
This is a unique opportunity for a junior professional to work closely with our CEO, absorb knowledge, and gain invaluable experience in the start-up, food security, climate and data & analytics space.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate the schedule of CEO, prioritizing functions and appointments, ensuring meetings, deadlines, presentations and other duties are carried out seamlessly and on schedule
- Relationship management for a complex & diverse set of stakeholders
- Serve as the liaison between the CEO and staff, outside contacts
- Assist with the planning of internal and external events, including conferences
- Manage, track, and progress competing priorities
- Make travel arrangements, coordinate flights, manage visa applications, accommodations, and other itinerary specifics; improving processes to increase efficiency and efficacy
- Reading, researching, and routing correspondence
- Provide support for special projects and initiatives
- Work with other members of the Office of the CEO (Chief of Staff, Associates) in assisting in preparing content (presentations, talking points) for high-level public presentations and functions, including coordinating with various internal teams
- Attend external meetings on behalf of Office of the CEO - including screening and preparing external engagements and presentations
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years experience in administrative or special assistant to senior leadership, ideally start up environments or finance, consulting
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Strategic mindset and highly-developed stakeholder management capabilities
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Deep intellectual curiosity about our customers, product, and market
- Self-starter who is willing to ask questions about new subject matter
- Able to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles
Nice to Have
- Experience at a tech company or institutions focused on climate, agriculture, or sustainability
Compensation & Other Information
The salary range for this role is expected to be $65,000 - $100,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, 20 days of PTO, 2 floating holidays, as well as health, vision, & dental insurance.
Gro is hybrid: employees work three days in-office and choose the days which work best for them.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.