Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
Senior Technical Project Managers are responsible for coordinating and driving technical projects to completion, while working with their teams to ensure that feature delivery is predictable and efficient. They work hand in hand with Program Managers to plan projects effectively and communicate progress to stakeholders, focusing on delivery of individual projects while Program Managers focus on company-wide process..
What you'll do
- Support (and coach, when necessary) project teams to plan, execute, monitor, and control their projects effectively and to deliver in a timely fashion.
- Approach teams with curiosity and humility to find barriers to communication, clarity, and transparency and work to address them.
- Provide various stakeholders with the information necessary to enable transparency and clarity
What we're looking for
- 6+ years of experience as a project manager for software development projects at a tech company
- Genuine passion for software development
- Excellent communication and organization skills to foster collaboration between stakeholders
- An execution-first mindset
- Comfort in navigating ambiguous, complex, evolving environments
- Laser-focused on impact and achieving outcomes
Nice to have
- Experience in the Agile framework - we operate with a small ‘a’ here at Gro
The salary range for this role is expected to be $135,000- $185,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.