Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
The Climate team works to build a suite of physical climate risk measures. The Climate Risk Analyst will be responsible for developing high-quality, market-competitive climate risk analytics.
What You'll Do
- Develop climate impact models, analytics and cost functions that can support market-pricing of climate-related physical risk of assets and portfolios world-wide.
- Work closely with climate research, product and engineering teams on the selection and sourcing of hazard, exposure, vulnerability, and emission data and on the design and implementation of new risk assessment features and products
- Collaborate with the business development team on client-specific projects involving sector- and site-specific climate risk analysis
- Write analytical insights on topics related to climate-related risk including risk discovery and pricing
- (Post Pandemic) Traveling for client visits, conferences, meetings
- Keeping abreast of climate change and climate risk assessment related news
- Working on special projects and initiatives
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in climate risk or impact modeling research and development in academia or industry
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Proficiency with data analysis using interpreted language such as Python
- Familiarity working with GIS platforms (e.g. QGIS, ArcDesktop, ArcOnline)
- Comfort with working with large volumes of data
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles and strong communication skills
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a quantitative field
Nice to Have
- Experience / Interest in “Big Data” and associated tooling
- Passion for climate science, climate risk modeling, and developing climate solutions
- Experience with leading ESG and climate-related disclosure frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, and CDP
The salary range for this role is expected to be $120,000-$185,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.