Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
The Data Science team takes a cutting edge approach to the fundamental questions that Gro is trying to solve. You'll work with data scientists, engineers and other teams across the organization, applying machine learning and AI solutions to global agriculture, climate and food security problems
You'll join our Derivatives and Insights team which focuses on developing innovative programmatic solutions to derive insights on top of Gro data. You will have the opportunity to solve critical problems using AI, Data science, and machine learning, and impact high-stake decisions globally
What You'll Do
- Work closely with product and other business teams to answer questions about agriculture and climate change, using data from Gro. For example, what is a meaningful index that can capture the volatility of fresh produce prices in the US
- Design reliable, scalable and observable systems to answer these questions programmatically
- Collaborate with R&D to productionize scientific research
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience with production-level AI solutions and industry standards
- Deep understanding of various aspects of ML systems like model training, validation, feature engineering, hyperparameter tuning etc
- Ability to work with Python, Shell, Git.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and cross-team, as well as independently.
Nice to have
- Expertise with large-scale geospatial and temporal data sets and the application of scalable machine learning on the subject.
- Familiarity with cloud services such as AWS and GCP.
- Familiarity with software development best practices.
- Experience with parallel computing and code performance optimization
- Leadership and project management skills
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.