Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
You’re a designer with system design (websites, apps) and graphic/visual design background in the B2B space. Your attention to detail and natural curiosity leads to a comprehensive and well thought out end-to-end experience. In this role you will help drive user-centered strategy and design solutions to deliver our growing body of decision making tools and applications.
What you’ll do
- Keeping the user journey in mind you will Partner and iterate with Product to Discover, Define, Design and Deliver a customer centric solution that achieves goals and success metrics
- Participate and lead customer feedback loops to evolve our MVP to a robust and scalable offering by distilling complex requirements into simple, and intuitive designs
- Conduct aspects of the product design including taking research findings and creating conceptual designs, prototyping, and post-launch evaluation
- Contribute to existing visual standards and design systems for our products
- Develop and maintain the design system that ties all of our product experiences together to both ensure a consistently intuitive user experience and an efficient development process for designers and engineers
- Bring both rigorous research and creative exploration to bear on deepening our understanding of our users and their interactions with our products
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in designing enterprise, SAAS or data products
- Demonstrated understanding of the user-centered design process and the ability to create production-ready screen layouts, style guides, pattern libraries, and other visual elements
- Experience using wireframing and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision Axure or Figma
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design strategy and experience is crafting solutions for B2B / Data / Enterprise products
- Have a strong ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanations, sketching, or quick mockups.
- Must be comfortable working independently, work on numerous projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- A fast-paced environment where you actively collaborate with product leads and developers doesn’t faze you.
Nice to have
- Experience designing analytical dashboards and/or data visualizations
- Experience in conducting user research
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.