Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
The design team at Gro Intelligence is looking for a visual designer who specializes in visual storytelling and presentation design. This role also offers opportunities to contribute art direction and design to other creative projects.
What you'll do
- Be the internal expert in presentation/marketing design.
- Take complex messages and transform them into simple, effective presentations, visualizations or any artifact that will support the leadership team, sales, and marketing.
- Come to the table with creative ideas about how to tell Gro’s story to highly specific audiences.
- Constantly seeking design inspiration from all places and keeping up with the latest design trends.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience producing presentations and collaterals for sales and marketing teams at a creative studio or agency
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic, communication or information design or equivalent fine arts education
- A strong design portfolio of branding, advertising and creative marketing work across both digital & print channels
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and Google G-Suite.
- Must be a self-starter who’s comfortable working independently, work on numerous projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to work flexible hours, work well under pressure, and have excellent time management
Nice to have
- Video editing skills
- Experience designing for B2B marketing
- Examples of data visualization projects in portfolio
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.