Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
- Ensure operational excellence in day-to-day service delivery including the development of policies and programs to improve the efficiency and effectiveness, performance, quality, and safety for our employees and visitors.
- Serve as a key in-office point of contact for anything office-related including meetings, managing room reservations and setup, guest sign-in, orders and deliveries.
- Purchase office supplies, snacks, beverages, etc. through a network of various vendors, and manage receipts and invoices for budget tracking.
- Aid in new hire onboarding processes, managing swag inventory, and shipments.
- Build strong internal relationships with employees and work closely with senior leaders to deliver all workplace-related services
- Sort & distribute incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and orders in a timely and precise manner
- Assist in organizing internal events & activities - both remote and in-person
- Maintain the overall appearance of the office, conference rooms, and reception area
- Monitor housekeeping for both individual and common spaces
- Check all conference rooms, communal areas, offices, and workstations throughout the day to ensure that all work areas are clean, and supplies are fully stocked
- Assist with miscellaneous projects to improve office aesthetic and functionality
- Coordinate office maintenance and repairs
- Maintain a schedule for cleaning and maintenance of carpets, glass, furniture, office plants, and other areas
- Maintain vendor relationships and services
- Keep office supplies and storage areas stocked and organized
- 5+ years of experience in office management or administrative support in a similar environment
- Strong knowledge of G-Suite (email, calendar, sheets, etc) or relevant experience with Microsoft 365
- Superior organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, high level of initiative and motivation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive, friendly, and outgoing personality
This is an in-person position.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.