Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
Gro Intelligence is looking for a Demand Generation Lead to acquire new customers, to engage with existing customers, and to build reporting across both groups. Working closely with the Sales team, you will plan campaigns to reach out to prospects, nurture contacts as they consider Gro, and then connect with customers after they join.
In building out a full demand gen function, you will partner with Sales and Product in segmenting customers and planning campaigns and playbooks, marketing automation, building funnels from content and paid ads through the website to nurturing and conversion, using SEO to connect with in-market buyers, and nurturing campaigns by persona.
This collaborative and execution-oriented strategist will partner with our content creators, Design, Product Marketing, and the Sales teams, to drive demand for all uses of the Gro Platform. This position requires a unique blend of technical, creative, analytic and strategic expertise. Gro's marketing team seeks to align Gro's value proposition with decision makers in key industries:
- Food & Beverage - the companies involved in processing raw food materials, packaging and distributing them.
- Retail - the companies selling food directly to consumers.
- Seed, Crop Insurance, and Fertilizer - the businesses involved in selling all resources involved in producing food and farm commodities.
What you'll do
- Own pipeline development with sales leaders and build marketing-sales playbooks with the sales team
- Define, test and direct marketing programs for lead generation and nurture conversion especially within an account-based marketing framework
- Own and develop contact lists for target accounts
- Consistently add to contact and leads lists, outlining the needed fields and frameworks
- Create ideal communication cadence by persona and by goal
- Build campaigns and drive leads at key accounts
- Generate new, qualified leads for the sales team in multiple markets and in all target accounts.
- Optimize campaigns based on results and effectiveness data.
- Analyze industry trends, market conditions and competitors’ marketing tactics to offer recommendations on best ways to improve demand generation strategy
- Improve dashboards and reporting
- Partner with sales and marketing team leaders to align our demand generation scorecard/dashboard with the impact to revenue
- Generate and share regular reporting for all major metrics, including those from the website (Google Analytics), email and events (Hubspot and Zoom), and usage on the platform.
- Forecast and report on the impact of demand generation activities on the sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length to senior management.
- Own the day-to-day components of channel development
- Support content team in calendar development and distribution
- Oversee cross-channel campaigns, from campaign advising and development through execution.
- Consult on website and landing pages
- Create email campaigns for both pre-sale and post-sale
- Create paid campaigns for target accounts
- Collaborate cross-team
- Coordinate with go-to-market teams.
- Manage and adhere to the marketing budget associated with all demand generation and influence programs.
- Support product marketing and product adoption
- Implement marketing programs to increase product awareness and build knowledge of the many uses of the Gro platform: from the systematized data sets and visualization services and content.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of B2B demand generation/revenue marketing/performance marketing/growth marketing experience, including leading a team and executing cross-team projects
- Passion for understanding customers and building solutions around their pain points
- Deep experience executing email marketing to support demand generation, nurturing, and post-sale engagement
- Experience in using paid media, LinkedIn and other social media channels to generate qualified leads
- Background in contact and list cultivation for target industries (Food & Beverage, Retail, Seed/Crop Insurance/Fertilizer)
Nice to Have
- Experience in data and analytics products
- Experience with account based marketing strategies.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.