Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
What You'll Do:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team member for the position of Product Manager. As a Gro Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving the Gro product vision and strategy, own multiple product features, and lead project execution for your initiatives. You will be the voice of the customer, proposing new feature ideas that address pain points or need based on your deep and first-hand understanding of the customer, using both qualitative and quantitative data. You will prioritize and communicate production issues and defects for timely resolution. You will lead demos to key stakeholders at program milestones and partner with adjacent businesses as a critical stakeholder to convey Gro’s business priorities and customer needs. As a result, your cross-business relationship, collaboration and interpersonal skills must be top notch.
The Product Manager will be part of a team driving innovation and launching new products on top of Gro’s market leading agriculture intelligence platform. As a key member of our New York office, you will be one of the core people empowered and responsible for the team's overall success.
- Interacts frequently with customers to gather, evaluate and develop a solid understanding of customer personas and use cases
- Engages in customer discovery with UX research and iterates accordingly.
- Analyzes and interprets what is happening in the market, driven by the latest competitive offerings
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
- Leverages metrics to track progress on customer needs and ensures that product efforts move those metrics.
- Is proficient at pulling and accessing data from multiple sources and managing through data ambiguity.
- Generates new ideas by analyzing product data for insights.
- Develops multiple hypothesis-driven product evaluation strategies, including AB testing for interactive products, and assesses the expected efficacy of each.
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle
- Is a partner to engineering, clearly conveying customer need, removing roadblocks, and pushing for results.
- Writes clear requirements for complex features or products and is responsive to requests for clarifications.
- Considers high-level technical approaches to use when prioritizing functionality.
- Is proficient in various technologies to assist day-to-day tasks (e.g., Jira, Balsamiq, Tableau, Excel, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Has a firm grasp of data and technical architecture principles and best practices.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of Agile experience in product management roles, ideally for companies building data enterprise software (e.g. financial services, business intelligence, etc)
- Prior experience in all aspects of product management across a matrixed organization, managing the every aspect of the process from inception through public launch
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders
- Analytical chops and know-how in building data-driven decision and measurement systems
- Deep intuition and passion for product
- Technical background preferred
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.