Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in both Nairobi and New York, Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
What You'll Do:
- Play an important role in shaping the Gro culture and employee experience across NYC and Nairobi offices
- Create and maintain a supportive, engaging, and rewarding onboarding experience and work environment for new hires and current employees by providing engagement opportunities, fostering and supporting an inclusive, collaborative culture, identifying training needs, and helping team members be successful
- Design and implement talent development programs that span across the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to new hire training, as well as continuous skill development
- Instill a sense of Gro’s culture, clarify expectations, and provide clear direction to new hires when they join; proactively communicate expectations and requirements to employee, hiring manager, and teammates
- Understand the needs and goals of the business and implement programs and initiatives that drive positive employee experience connected to the whole
- Ensure new hire onboarding is well executed for every employee; manage surveys to monitor, assess, and improve on experience
- Lead the efforts for internal surveys and interviews to determine what motivates our teammates; leverage metrics and data to continuously drive efficiency, process improvement, and quality of employee experience
- Develop, organize, plan, and present various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for new and existing employees
- Create and maintain a global development program including onboarding, skills, and management programs that drives employee development and workplace effectiveness
- Work with employees and managers on identifying development needs and recommending solutions
- Develop interactive, unique, blended learning solutions
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 years of learning and development experience with some experience in a high growth, technical, or start-up environment
- Experience creating original and scalable onboarding experiences
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Passion for helping others
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi and New York City. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.