What’s so interesting about this role?
The Senior Financial Analyst is someone who works quickly and efficiently, utilizing their technical expertise to consistently improve upon the status quo. This person works cross-functionally, thinking in business terms and numbers, to provide key analytical support that will drive the growth of the business. The role is wide in scope, with responsibilities including: revenue and expense planning, data analytics, board/investor reporting, and ERP system administration. This role will report to the Director of FP&A.
What’s the job?
- Collaborate with a wide range of department leads to build and maintain rolling revenue and expense forecasts
- Create, distribute, and present monthly reporting packages to internal and external key stakeholders
- Maintain the budgeting module of Grindr’s ERP system
- Assist with FP&A month-end close processes
- Conduct financial and data analyses to support department leads in their decision-making process
What we'll love about you
- 3+ years in FP&A, investment banking, strategy, or corporate finance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, its advanced functions, and modeling best practices
- Keen attention to detail, particularly when working with large datasets, turning numbers into actionable insights
- Clear and effective communicator and presenter
- Skilled in creating clean, impactful, persuasive PowerPoint decks
- Comfortable managing competing priorities
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experience building an annual operating plan or other revenue and expense forecasts
- Comfort building models, analyses, and business cases from scratch
- Oracle EPBCS (EPM) and/or Fusion (ERP) experience
- Experience working with granular operating data and visualization tools like Looker
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and up to 90% cost coverage for gender-affirming care
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.