What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to promote our ever-expanding feature set to our global user base. We're seeking experienced product marketing people that can develop strategies to drive awareness, adoption, engagement, conversion and retention around new and existing features and Grindr’s premium products. As part of our marketing team, you’ll work in an inclusive, collaborative, and highly creative environment with a shared goal of consistently improving the experience of our users and driving growth.
What’s the job?
- Work closely with growth and product teams to reposition and launch new features
- Develop data-driven, multi-channel marketing strategies to drive feature adoption, engagement, and conversion, including in-app campaigns, editorial, video, and social
- Collaborate with and motivate a team of designers and writers to produce on-brand campaign creative
- Define and communicate a product marketing roadmap aligned with company objectives and supported by customer data, market research, and competitive analysis
- Communicate strategy and data-supported results to key stakeholders including senior management
- Partner with growth team on campaigns promoting subscription services and microtransactions to drive revenue
- Enhance customer wayfinding in the app, from onboarding experience and feature engagement campaigns to subscription and retention initiatives
- Manage the testing, optimization, and implementation of app store copy and creative
What we’ll love about you
- Worked with product to successfully launch new features
- Solid understanding of the dynamics of subscription revenue generation, acquisition, conversion, and retention models. Experience with product marketing for a consumer subscription-based business is strongly desired
- Can use data to identify opportunities and demonstrate results
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Proactive and able to self-manage with strong project management skills
- 6-8 years of experience as a product marketing manager in a mobile and web business
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experience with dating, social, communication, or chat apps/services
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to build structure, clarify, and break down problems. Proven experience in concurrently leading multiple strategic and tactical initiatives
- Experience managing campaigns and measuring performance via a customer engagement platform
- Strong design aesthetic and copywriting skills
- Deep knowledge of current trends within LGBTQ culture
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and up to 90% cost coverage for gender-affirming care
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.