What’s so interesting about this role?
Come play a key role in building the next generation of the Grindr app! Working within our iOS team, you’ll have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, work with the latest technologies, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and contribute to a one-of-a-kind app at a unique scale. The Grindr team continues to innovate as the largest social media app for the LGBTQ community.
What’s the job?
- Working collaboratively with a brilliant cross-functional, cross-timezone team to make Grindr the best app it can be for its users
- Able to work across multiple work streams and use ambiguity as an opportunity for high-level thinking
- Create innovation by guiding data-driven decisions to adopt new technologies, architectures, and workflow
- Elevate your team's technical proficiency; help your team adopt new tools and ways of working
- Using Swift, Xcode, RxSwift, Bitrise, Fastlane, Jenkins, and Github, you will be evolving and maintaining the software architecture for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
What we'll love about you
- You love taking ownership. You think beyond your team and know how to implement change across your organization
- You have at least 6 years of experience building complex iOS applications
- You have a well-built technical experience that inspires individual contributors' creativity and innovation
- You have experience with product leadership and technical decision-making and know how to leverage that for good judgments and tradeoffs between product and code
- You have been working closely with various levels of business stakeholders, from the c-suite, VP level, and down
- You can jump into the code on a deep level but can also contribute to long-term initiatives by mentoring your team
- Strong practical knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns such as MVVM, Coordinator, one-way data flow, modular architecture, performance optimization & metrics
- Experience with Architecture at scale and have worked with different tech stacks outside of mobile
We'll really swoon if you have
- Professional Experience with RxSwift or any functional reactive programming framework
- Professional Experience with Coordinators and/or RxFlow
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and up to 90% cost coverage for gender-affirming care
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet. Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact on our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer