What’s so interesting about this role?
At Grindr, our users are at the heart of every decision we make and this mindset extends to how we connect with candidates at the top of our funnel. We are seeking an experienced, driven, and creative Senior Technical Sourcer to translate this passion to our candidate outreach and sourcing efforts so we can continue to attract top talent aligned with our mission of connecting the global LGBTQ community. In partnership with the Head of Talent Acquisition, you will build and own talent pipelines for our technical and operational roles while also aligning your sourcing strategy with broader diversity, equity, and inclusion goals. Most importantly, you will build strategic and representative pipelines of talent to help us authentically scale our business and culture to meet our rapid growth goals.
What’s the job?
- Build and maintain a pipeline of hard-to-find passive technical and non-technical candidates, leveraging numerous creative sourcing avenues and tools to meet key metrics for candidate delivery
- Proactively network to build/develop connections with industry leaders and candidates, focusing on long-term relationship-building with both mid-level and senior executives and technical talent
- Act as the initial point of contact for candidates and a representative of Grindr's employer brand; approach conversations with the goal of informing people of our company, our mission, the role opportunity, and our work environment
- Partner with our in-house Senior Technical Recruiters to develop sourcing strategies, helping drive both strategy and execution for a variety of roles in engineering, product, marketing, G&A, and people
- Diversity and inclusion: Act as a key supporter of Grindr’s global DEI strategy and drive internal and external sourcing strategy in alignment with the needs and goals identified by Grindr’s leadership team
- Candidate experience: As needed, overhaul and revamp candidate-facing collateral across candidate communication channels and job postings (email, text, and social media), developing solutions and modifications consistent with regional talent markets and unique needs by role function
What we'll love about you
- 6+ years of overall recruiting experience, including deep technical and/or executive recruiting experience with at least 2 years of experience in a dedicated sourcing role
- Creative mindset and willingness to experiment and iterate with the latest tools and technologies
- Proven ability to find and connect with technical talent as well as experience implementing various research strategies for talent mapping and competitive intelligence
- Proven ability to build networks, engage passive candidates, and generate genuine interest in Grindr
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of the competitive talent market and experience recruiting top-tier engineering talent
- Ability to strategically approach problems in a pragmatic way, with proven experience solving problems with curiosity, determination, and persistence
- Self-driven and comfortable working with other team members as well as independently
- Clear communication and ability to collaborate cross-functionally with diverse stakeholders and departments
We’ll really swoon if you have
- A technical background or experience with a coding bootcamp or technical certification program
- Prior experience in sales or marketing, either via education or work experience
- A strong personal drive to hit goals; you derive immense value from achieving a goal and are motivated by personal achievement rather than competition
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and up to 90% cost coverage for gender-affirming care
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.