Grindr is hiring! We are looking for Grindr’s first Application Security Engineer to help us build out Grindr’s security program. You will collaborate across various teams to develop, design and execute security priorities that directly impact all of Grindr’s platforms.
What’s the job?
- Participate in and support application security reviews and threat modeling, including code review and static/dynamic analysis.
- Own and perform application security vulnerability management.
- Support and consult with product and development teams in the area of application security.
- Maintain and grow Grindr’s security training and awareness program.
- Assist in development of automated security testing to validate that secure coding best practices are being used.
- Support the bug bounty program.
What We’ll Love About You:
- BS in Computer Science or related experience
- 4 or more years application security and/or development experience in Java with a security focus
- Familiarity with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws.
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools.
- A deep understanding of network and web related protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, protocols).
- Deep familiarity in a cloud environment specifically around security controls and best practices.
- A strong understanding of applied cryptography
- Experience collaborating with developers.
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Prior experience securing large-scale web/mobile applications
- Experience assessing mobile web frameworks, iOS, or Android
What you'll love about us
- Global Impact. Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth. Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, and Taipei, though the company is set up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you.
- Compensation: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan
- Other Perks: home-office stipend, many company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.