What’s so interesting about this role?
The Financial Analyst is someone who works quickly and efficiently, utilizing their technical expertise to consistently improve upon the status quo. This person works cross-functionally, thinking in business terms and numbers, to provide key analytical support that will drive the growth of the business. The role will focus primarily on expenses with some exposure to smaller revenue streams. This role will report to the Director of FP&A.
What’s the job?
- Collaborate with a wide range of department leads to build and maintain rolling expense forecasts
- Create, distribute, and present monthly reporting packages to key stakeholders
- Maintain the budgeting module of Grindr’s enterprise resource planning solution
- Assist with FP&A month-end close processes
- Conduct financial and data analyses to support department leads in their decision-making process
What we'll love about you
- 1+ years in FP&A, investment banking, strategy, or corporate finance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and its key functions
- Keen attention to detail, particularly when working with large datasets, turning numbers into actionable insights
- Clear and effective communicator and presenter
- Comfortable managing competing priorities
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experienced in building an annual operating plan or other expense forecasts
- Comfortable building models, analyses, and business cases from scratch
- Skilled in Oracle EPBCS (ERP) and Fusion (EPM)
What you'll love about us
- High-growth company - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career
- Remote-first culture - work from home (or wherever!) within the U.S. Want to work from outside the U.S.? Let’s talk it through to make sure we can support you
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance. Generous 401(k) match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.