What’s so interesting about this role?
Our team is growing because our user base is growing - 30% in the last year!
We’re looking to add a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on our Data Platform team. We’re in the process of modernizing our Data Platform with the goal of making data a strategic asset to all aspects of Grindr’s business. The platform upgrade is a unique opportunity to help optimize our operational data infrastructure by eliminating redundant work through testing and automation. Help migrate from EC2-hosted services to Saas and Kubernetes-based systems and implement modern CICD, monitoring and alerting. We’re taking the long view to eliminate click-ops by investing in infrastructure as code. Long term, help us build and manage the infrastructure to develop, train and deploy ML models at scale.
What’s the job?
- Support the migration of our PB-scale data lake to Snowflake including the gradual EOL of our EC2-based Cloudera cluster
- Develop effective monitoring and response tools to identify and address reliability risks using Datadog and Pagerduty
- Participate in an 8x5 oncall to ensure alerts are acknowledged and triaged in a timely manner
- Support data platform services running in Kubernetes with CICD deployment and auto scaling
- Build robust systems using auto-scaling and self-healing, and identify risks to keep uptime as high as possible
- Write, test and maintain automation tools in Bash, Python or other languages
- Practice Security By Design and do regular security analysis/auditing of system
What we'll love about you
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4 years of experience working in high volume, large-scale environments
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on stability and performance related events
- Extensive experience with AWS technologies (preferred: EC2, RDS, S3, EKS, Route53, Pinpoint)
- Experience with large-scale Kubernetes deployments (EKS is a plus)
- Experience with alerting and monitoring systems (Datadog is a plus)
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation (Bash, Python, Java)
- Experience with distributed system design, implementation, and capacity planning
- Passionate about testing software and systems
- Strong infrastructure, information, and network security experience
- Experience with integrations for CI/CD
- Plus: Experience with database management (Snowflake, MySQL)
- Plus: Experience with Astronomer / Airflow stack
- Plus: Big data experience, including Cloudera, Databricks, Snowflake, Spark, EMR, Kafka
What you'll love about us
- High-growth company - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k Match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.