What’s so interesting about this role?
As a Data Analyst, Revenue Operations at Grindr, you will partner with Product, Finance, Engineering and Marketing to help improve our core features and grow our user base and subscription revenue. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, collaborate with cross functional team, and contribute meaningfully to the world's best app for queer dating
What’s the job?
- Define metrics of success for monetization and product related initiatives.
- Find actionable strategic insights through product funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, retention analyses etc. to help us improve product and grow our user base and revenue
- Measure business performance by building dashboards and reports to track and make impactful decisions
- Design and analyze experiments to measure the effects of new features on subscription and user engagement metrics
- Support different business squads at Grindr in understanding the drivers of user engagement by collecting, cleaning, and maintaining data pipelines from numerous sources
What we'll love about you
- Preferred M.S. in statistics, engineering, applied math, economics, decision science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of proven experience in an analytics role
- Experience working with relational databases and advanced SQL
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience with a data visualization tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Applied statistics and experimentation (i.e. A/B testing) in an industry setting
- Ability to communicate the results of your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn new subject matters
- Strong problem solving mindset and skills
- Experience in a dating/social networking/mobile tech company
What you'll love about us
- High-growth company - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career
- Remote-first culture - work from home (or wherever!) within the U.S. Want to work from outside the U.S.? Let’s talk it through to make sure we can support you
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance. Generous 401(k) match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.