What’s so interesting about this role?
As a Senior Product Manager at Grindr you’ll bring a mix of domain knowledge and technical experience to realize the future of our app. On our Core squad you’ll work with a talented team of designers, product managers, data scientists, and engineers on areas of communication, discovery, and expression. You create structure from ambiguity and operate with intent while looking for opportunities. You turn empathy into action for our enthusiastic, queer userbase. You’ll turn your vision into strategy through your curiosity, grit, compassion, and data-driven decisions.
What’s the Job?
- Plan and lead the creation of exciting, user-positive features for Grindr.
- Utilize experiment-driven analysis and metrics to plan, launch, and evaluate projects.
- Ideate, validate, elaborate, execute, ship, measure, repeat.
- Become an expert in the dating business, LGBTQ+ community, and social/communication technologies.
- Listen to the people who use the app, the people who don’t, stakeholders, and teammates. Then absorb and incorporate into your thinking, process, and roadmap.
- Collaborate through excellent verbal and written communication, PRDs, user stories, Slack emojis, and documentation.
- Prioritize and orchestrate projects through agile development.
What We’ll Love About You
- 4+ years’ experience as a product manager on a mobile or web app in the consumer product space.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ownership of successful products throughout the product lifecycle.
- Proven experience driving projects with cross-functional colleagues using iterative development methodologies and A|B testing best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable working with data and data tools, knowing which questions to ask and how to find the answers.
- Working knowledge of user interface design practices and user testing. Experience collaborating with engineering to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs. Will have experience partnering with Marketing to successfully launch programs.
- Highly collaborative. Builds trust & strong relationships at all levels.
- Structures, clarifies, and breaks-down problems. Proven experience to concurrently lead multiple strategic and tactical initiatives.
We’ll Really Swoon if You are/have:
- Familiar with releasing apps & updates on iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience with global products across different markets, cultures, and languages.
- Understanding of machine learning & recommendation technologies.
- Strong design aesthetic with understanding of what makes a strong user experience.
- Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Testflight, spreadsheets, whiteboards, post-its, zoom, phone calls, IRC.
- Experience with dating, social, communication, or chat apps/services.
- Background in design, engineering, sociology, physics, or applied mathematics.
What You'll Love About Us
- Make a difference in the LGBTQ+ community.
- High-growth company - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance. Generous 401(k) match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.