Our team is growing because our user base is growing - 30% in the last year! We’re looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer who will bring their passion for optimizing new and existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems and work with a team that delivers innovative solutions and experiences for users across the globe.
If you're tired to responding to calls at all hours for preventable issues, you're going to love this team. Their dedication to excellence keeps one of the largest social networking sites live and enjoyed by 4M users around the world every day of the week. This is just a hint of their awesomeness.
Here's a sneak peek at some of what this team is up to:
- 300+ EC2 Instances
- 20k API calls per second
- 10k Chat system actions per second
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Engineering, SDET and other engineers to build and maintain a robust, reliable, product, while proactively looking for improvements to our operations ecosystem.
- Deployment and support of the full lifecycle of applications in Amazon Web Services (including managing and scaling cloud-native applications built with EC2)
- Design, implement, document, and handle all aspects of Linux/CentOS
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks
- Engage with product engineering teams to triage production outages and carry forward action items to improve ongoing reliability
- Build repeatable infrastructures with Ansible
- Identify repetitive, manual tasks and automate them
- Work with the Development team in building and maintaining activities related to Java runtime and MySQL environments
- Write and maintain moderately complicated scripts in shell scripting (Bash, Python) in helping to automate and scale
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 3 years of experience working in high volume, large-scale data networks
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on stability and performance related events
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Significant knowledge and experience with version control systems and Git
- Experience with container technologies and scheduling including Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation, including UNIX scripting languages (Bash, Ruby, Python) and Java
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Linux, Java, Tomcat, and other middleware technologies
- Experience with automation and configuration management systems such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Competency with PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, Amazon Redshift
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS) a plus
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.