We're making a bank you can build on. Our customers range from fintech start-ups with bold new ideas to established brands breaking out into new territory. Whether they're large or small, they all need the same things to get to market: a Banking as a Service (BaaS) partner, a compliance solution and solid accounting infrastructure. At Griffin, we aim to offer all three under one roof - enabling our customers to get to market faster with a trusted long-term partner.
We're currently seeking authorisation from the FCA and PRA to become a fully-regulated bank.
We're still an early stage company, with only around 25 people. The team is distributed, with about half of us in London and the rest sprinkled across the UK, Ireland, Portugal, Germany and Sweden.
We're looking for thoughtful, kind people who don't give up easily. We're obsessed with clarity, simplicity, and ease of use. As a financial institution, we believe that our customers' trust is our single most valuable asset and we will go above and beyond to earn and keep it.
We are far more passionate about our culture than most companies - let alone most banks! Accordingly, we bring a lot of structure to measuring culture fit during our interview process.
You can learn more about our culture and values on our website.
The Engineering Team:
As with most of the company the engineering team is still in it's infancy. We have grown quickly within the last year to our current team size of 14 which is made up of the CTO, VP of Engineering and 12 engineers split across backend, infrastructure and fullstack specialisations.
Rather than "move fast and break things", we aim to move thoughtfully and to make few mistakes. We are an output-driven environment that operates with extreme autonomy; people are free to keep their own hours and we don't micro-manage each other.
Our frontend stack is CLJS, Reframe, Reagent, React, Stitches, Storybook and Playroom
Our backend stack is Clojure, Kafka, Datomic, Kubernetes and AWS
Who are you
The ideal candidate for this job will have most of the following:
- Strong JS experience in React or Vue and experience with browser quirks
- Experience in cross-functional product development teams, shipping consumer-facing features
- Proven contributions to internal design systems
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation – internal and external
- Solid understanding of semantic and accessible HTML and CSS
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability and security
Nice to have:
- Experience with one or more of the technologies within our frontend stack (CLJS, Reframe, Reagent, Styled Components & Styled System)
What will you be doing here?
As a frontend engineer at Griffin, you'll be...
- Building out the component architecture of our SPA
- Integrating and extending our backend APIs
- Helping build and grow our design system
- Writing accessible, semantic and performant frontend code
- Developing and extending our test suite
- Working in tandem with designers
What can we offer you?
We are an early stage startup and we're working hard to expand our benefits package. We're planning to add to this list in the future
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Flexible, remote-friendly working - including supporting home office setup
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC's Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Auto-enrolment into company pension scheme
- A Pleo card for covering work expenses
- Private medical insurance and life insurance (provided by AXA and AIG respectively)
- A weekly team lunch on Griffin (even when you're working remotely)
How do I apply?
Please include a cover letter, a resume and a link to your online portfolio where appropriate. We cannot review applications without these. If there's a match our Talent team will reach out to schedule an initial conversation and talk you through our interview process in detail
N.B: Our London office is located in Moorgate and we are comfortable hiring people to work from anywhere in the UK. About half of the company is based in London and may return to working in an office post-COVID, and the other half is full-time remote. We are currently able to support remote employees based in: Sweden, Ireland and Portugal