Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
What we're looking for
We are on the road to becoming a design-driven company, and we are looking for someone to work on key digital design tasks, which are crucial for our product's position in the market. We are looking for a fresh, creative mind that understands our customer's requirements and comes up with innovative design solutions and seamless user flows that align with our product requirements.
You will report to our Head of Design and focus on elevating user engagement and creating a sleek yet cohesive brand identity across our website, sales decks, video assets, photo treatments, swag, and internal assets. We are excited for you to bring your knowledge of the latest trends and best practices at the intersection of web, interface, and graphic design to enhance our design system and strengthen our identity. This is an opportunity to join a team creating groundbreaking technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem!
What you’ll do
- Spearhead web, graphic, and digital design while building out our design system, component library, brand assets, and templates.
- Partner with the Marketing and Sales teams to create consistent graphic elements (banners, posters, thumbnails, etc) for our website, social media, campaigns, events, and collateral.
- Create design wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for our platform.
- Work with the people team to design limited edition company swag and prepare files accordingly.
- Support all design requests for logos, icons, backgrounds, social avatars, design files, illustrations, pictures, design system & components, deck templates, etc. for all staff.
- Bonus Points (or an Opportunity to Learn!): Work on animation (2D and 2D motion graphics, kinetic typography, seamless transitions), video editing (color correcting, basic audio, seamless/dynamic cutting, and trimming), and illustrations (vector and digital, character creation).
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset, but give you insight into our company.
- Hiring Manager Portfolio Interview - 30 minutes: The first interview will be an introductory interview focused on a portfolio review. At this point, we will provide a preparation guide for each interview, along with information on logistics and interview tools, including Google Meet.
- Recruiter Interview - 15 minutes: You will speak with our recruiter about your background and what you are looking for in your next role. We want to know why you are interested in joining us and what questions you have about the team.
- Virtual Onsite - 3 hours: You'll have the opportunity to meet folks from our design, marketing, and product teams for 30-45 minutes each to talk about your digital and interactive design, skillset, and culture. You will also meet our CEO, William Falcon, to chat about your background, what you’ve learned, and why you’d like to work with us.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview, regardless of whether we are moving forward or passing on your candidacy. We will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief