Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a fullstack technical recruiter to drive talent acquisition for our globally distributed product and engineering teams. This is an opportunity to build and scale teams creating the groundbreaking technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem.
What you’ll do
- Use your expertise in technical recruiting to build a pipeline of diverse, qualified candidates by consistently raising the bar for talent, working on strategic, multi-channel sourcing, writing job descriptions, and establishing community partnerships.
- Champion the candidate experience as an ambassador for the company with a personalized, supportive recruiting process from the initial phone screen to new employee onboarding.
- Analyze and optimize the recruiting funnel with a focus on improving overall candidate quality while increasing velocity to fill open positions with the best possible candidates.
- Partner with the lead recruiter to determine skill gaps, evolve the structured interview process, and train the team on interview best practices.
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset, but give you insight into our company.
- Hiring Manager Interview - 30 minutes: You will speak with Scott, our Lead Recruiter, about your recruiting philosophy, sourcing expertise, and what you are looking for in your next role.
- Virtual Onsite - 3 hours:
- Recruiting Strategy - 30 minutes: Alex, our Head of People & Operations, will talk to you about how you develop a talent strategy, prioritize roles, and get everyone in the company involved in recruiting.
- Recruiting Process - 45 minutes: This second call with Scott will be a deep dive into core skills, including sourcing, candidate selection, funnel analysis, and compensation negotiation. This is what you do on a daily basis, so there's no need to prepare anything special!
- Technical Recruiting - 45 minutes: Being able to dig into an engineer's experience on paper and on video is key to being able to identify, interview, and secure candidates that meet our incredibly high hiring bar. You will meet with Luca, our VP of Engineering, and Noha, our Senior Engineering Manager, and discuss what you look for in different types of engineers.
- Recruiting for Scale/Candidate Experience - 30 minutes: William Falcon, our CEO, likes to connect with every person joining our company. Be prepared to talk a bit about your approach to recruiting for scale and championing the candidate experience.
- Culture - 30 minutes: We take time to speak with every candidate about Ethics in AI, our values, and how our technology can be used to create a positive social impact.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview. At this point, we will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief