Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
What we're looking for
We are looking for our first Software Engineer in Test to own the overall test infrastructure for the Grid platform. You will build thorough test suites, maximize code coverage, implement automated testing, and lead QA with a focus on improving system health, performance, stability, resiliency, and scalability. You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment with a focus on speed, quality, and iteration from proof of concept to release.
In this role, you will report to our VP of Engineering, Luca Antiga. This is an opportunity to create groundbreaking technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem.
What you’ll do
- Champion software quality, implement automation, drive continuous delivery, and reduce time to production while proactively improving our products.
- Set up, develop, and maintain test infrastructure with fully automated CI / CD build processes and testing for the Grid platform.
- Write readable/testable/efficient code in one of the following: Python, Golang, or TypeScript.
- Lead the implementation of tools, policies, standards, and guidelines for all testing and CI/CD operations.
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset but give you insight into our company.
- Recruiter Interviewer - 30 minutes: You will speak with Scott, our Recruiter, about your background and what you are looking for in your next role. Scott will share some information with you about our team and the projects you will be working on. If both parties decide that there is a match, we will proceed with a technical interview.
- Hiring Manager Interview - 45 minutes: The first interview will be a coding interview focused on data structures and algorithms. We will provide a study guide for each interview, along with instructions on interview logistics and how to use CoderPad, a collaborative platform for coding interviews.
- Virtual Onsite - 3 hours: You'll have the opportunity to meet 4 engineers for 45 minutes each and work through exercises spanning algorithms & data structures, software testing, systems design & CI/CD, and our company culture.
- CEO Interview - 30 minutes: William Falcon, our CEO, likes to connect with every person joining our company. Be prepared to talk a bit about what you’ve learned and why you’d like to work with us.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview. At this point, we will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of offer acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief