Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Support Engineer to develop standardized tools, methodologies, and create product readiness updates aimed at customer success and quick resolution. The Engineer also possesses a strong focus on customer service, resolution skills, and communication that results in an exceptional user experience.
What you’ll do
- Effectively communicate with customers via email, phone, and other electronic methods to work and ensure client’s effective use of Grid.ai
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting and health-check on logs to identify root cause while understanding the customer’s skill level and communicating with them in the manner most appropriate. Use excellent judgment on when and how to communicate with customers for maximum effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Be integral to the change management process ensuring adoption of new processes and tools through performance measures ensuring adherence to internal methodology, tools and quality standards
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Solution Architects, and Support Management to resolve issues by applying excellent technical customer service
- Develop Grid.ai knowledgebase to enable efficient Support organization growth
- Escalating at the right time customer issues to Engineering
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset but give you insight into our company.
- Recruiter Interview - 30 minutes: You will speak with our recruiter about your background and what you are looking for in your next role. We will share some information with you about our team and the projects you will be involved in. If both parties decide that there is a match, we will proceed with a technical interview.
- Hiring Manager Interview - 45 minutes: You will meet with our Head of Sales to discuss the end-to-end support process and how to build a scalable support function that enables us, third-party tools to determine how to manage the support process of a customer issue with open source software integrating to the Grid.ai platform.
- Virtual Onsite - 2 hours and 30 minutes:
- Sales Engineering - 30 minutes: Support's role will encompass collaboration of team stakeholders to ensure that support cases are triaged, resolved and the correct process is followed. This interview will cover how the support manager develops case management and collaboration with the collective team processes.
- Support Engineering - 30 minutes: This interview will be a troubleshooting interview to solve a common customer issue relevant to Grid. To prepare for this interview, we recommend signing up for the platform and working through the onboarding flow.
- Product Collaboration - 30 minutes: Working alongside product is a key part of a support engineer's role, especially as it relates to ticket prioritization and escalation.
- Culture Chat - 30 minutes: We take time to speak with every candidate about Ethics in AI, our values, and how our technology can be used to create a positive social impact.
- CEO Interview - 30 minutes: William Falcon, our CEO, likes to connect with every person joining our company. Be prepared to talk a bit about what you’ve learned and why you’d like to work with us.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview. At this point, we will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of offer acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief