Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
What We're Looking For
As more developers use Grid and Lightning, we are actively investing in our user communities. This is an opportunity for you to shape the developer experience in the AI space while driving the adoption and utilization of technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem as a whole. At Grid.ai, developer advocacy centers around 3 tenants:
- Community: Our goal is to amplify the community's voice within the company by increasing engagement, gathering feedback, and working together.
- Content: From writing blog posts, drafting articles, and producing videos to building demos and developing our documentation, we want to ensure that our users have the resources they need to get started and learn about the latest ways to use Grid and Lightning!
- Engineering: At the end of the day, we are all engineers. We connect with developers in the field, foster strong relationships with internal teams, and work together on prioritizing feedback to inform discovery and roadmap development.
What You’ll Do
- Amplify the Lightning and Grid Community by connecting with users in the community Slack, speaking at meetups and conferences, and hosting Community Office Hours and Technical Community Sprints.
- Launch the first Grid and Lightning Ambassadors Program to foster community and create champions for our products.
- Write technical content and documentation, including open source repos, blog posts, case studies, and documentation to enable engineers, scientists, and researchers to do more with Grid and Lightning.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to share the voice of the community and improve the developer experience as a whole.
- Actively build demos on top of lightning using PyTorch, Lightning, and Grid.
- Represent the company at conferences and meetups virtually (and across the globe when it's safe) to connect with our community, meet our users, and host fun, engaging events.
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset but give you insight into our company.
- Recruiter Interview - 15 minutes: You will speak with our recruiter about your background and what you are looking for in your next role. We want to know why you are interested in joining us and what questions you have about the team.
- Hiring Manager Interview - 45 minutes: You will speak to our Head of Developer Advocacy and chat about your genuine passion for AI and machine learning, as well as your unique approach to the Advocacy Role. You will share your thoughts on connecting with end-users, gathering feedback, and creating champions within our community.
- Virtual Onsite - 3 hours: You'll have the opportunity to meet with our Head of Developer Advocacy, as well as a product manager, marketing specialist, and software engineer for 30-45 minutes each and work through exercises spanning community building, technical content creation, culture, and NLP, Computer Vision, or Audio Processing Tasks. You will also meet our CEO, William Falcon, to chat about your background, what you’ve learned, and why you’d like to work with us.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview. At this point, we will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief