Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to build user-focused tools to remove barriers from AI. We are looking for a user-centric, action-oriented product manager that will help envision, design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art enterprise machine learning tools and services in an agile environment.
With your experience launching products for machine learning engineers, AI researchers, data scientists, and/or software engineers, you will help create groundbreaking technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem.
You will report to our CEO, William Falcon, and work closely with our Senior Product Manager, VP of Engineering, VP of Strategy, and Head of Sales, to bring our products from concept to market.
What you will do
- Inspire: Own, develop and execute a vision, strategy, and roadmap that solves user problems and delivers business value. Evangelize that vision across the company to inspire the team.
- Empathize: Build a deep understanding of users' goals and challenges by constantly conducting user research, gathering feedback, creating data-driven experiments, and collecting usage data to inform product direction and maintain a continuous feedback loop. Be an expert in the market with a detailed understanding of competitive offerings and technology trends to inform key product decisions.
- Lead: Work with a cross-functional team spanning engineering, design, sales, marketing, and developer advocacy to streamline the product development lifecycle.
- Discover: Take a data-driven approach to identify opportunities, validate product assumptions, and mitigate potential risks.
- Prioritize: Ruthlessly prioritize feedback and features while helping agile engineering teams maintain a healthy balance between velocity and quality.
- Measure: Establish, monitor, and measure metrics to define success.
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset, but give you insight into our company.
- Recruiter Interview - 30 minutes: You will speak with our Lead Recruiter about your background and what you are looking for in your next role.
- Hiring Manager Interview - 30 minutes: The first interview will be an introductory interview with our Senior Product Manager, Eden Afek. Be prepared to chat about your background, what you know about Grid, and why you’d like to work with us. At this point, we will also provide a preparation guide for each interview, along with information on logistics and interview tools, including Google Meet and CoderPad.
- Virtual Onsite - 3 hours: You will have the opportunity to meet our product and engineering managers to work through exercises spanning product management, technical product development, user experience research, and culture.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview. At this point, we will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief