Who we are
Grid.ai enables companies of all sizes to train state-of-the-art AI models on hundreds of cloud GPUs and TPUs from their laptops. From the creator of the popular framework PyTorch Lightning, Grid is a platform for training models that enables rapid research iteration. Grid aims to simplify scalable AI research so that when a network becomes complex, code doesn’t.
Focus on Machine Learning, Not Infrastructure.
Grid.ai is backed by $18.6 million in funding from Index Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and Firstminute. Grid is a remote-first company founded by William Falcon and Luis Capelo.
What’s important to us
We are building a company of people that care deeply about the impact of AI on our society. We value:
- Integrity: AI is bound to change how we interact with computers, with each other, and the world—for the better. We are committed to building an inclusive company and developing ethical AI that improves humanity.
- Perseverance: Be bold, take the initiative, and make decisions with confidence. We empower our community, clients, and colleagues to tackle the impossible.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in finding solutions to advance the state of AI research and foster its application in novel products. It's not about whether we can solve the problem, but how.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Solutions Architect with expertise in machine learning and distributed systems to serve as the technical liaison to qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. You will report to Robert Lee, our Head of Sales Engineering, and work closely with Armen Kopoyan, our Head of Sales, Alex Cort, our Business Development Manager, and the product team.
This is a chance for you to help bring groundbreaking technology that will transform the machine learning ecosystem to market!
What you’ll do
- Become a product expert with an in-depth understanding of target markets, value proposition, user personas, and pricing models.
- Introduce customers to Grid's core product offering and educate each potential client on the platform's unique capabilities based on their business needs.
- Lead product and solution briefings, build proof-of-concepts (POC), run live product demos, and prototype Grid integrations while identifying and addressing key technical objections.
- Define and execute engineering strategies to resolve blockers to adoption and utilization.
- Build a technical feedback loop between potential customers and Grid's sales, customer success, product, and marketing teams to inform the product roadmap with key information about requested features and client challenges.
How we evaluate your candidacy
Our interviews will not only give us insight into your skillset, but give you insight into our company.
- Head of People Introduction- 30 minutes: You will speak with our Head of People about your background and what you are looking for in your next role.
- Head of Sales Engineering Interview - 45 minutes: This interview will be a conversation about your interest in Grid.ai and expertise in Machine Learning infrastructure. We encourage you to share specific examples of SaaS products and technology platforms that you've worked on, especially those that stem from open source. The interview will dive deeper into how you work best with the sales team, your expertise in solutions architecture, your ability to succeed in competitive situations, and what makes your approach unique and effective.
- Head of Sales Interview - 30 minutes: This interview is focused on how you will engage with customers throughout the sales process. You will speak with Armen about your approach to solutions architecture and customer success, how to gather technical details from prospects, collaborating on issue escalation, and what to do to create a memorable, positive customer experience from the first introduction.
- VP of Strategy Interview - 45 minutes: As a data scientist himself, our VP of Strategy has evaluated almost every machine learning platform out there, so this interview will be more of a role-playing exercise. Based on what you know about our core product, you will act as if Marc is a potential customer and you are already our first Solutions Architect. During the second half of the interview, you will have a chance to discuss the pain points of model building, as well as the pros and cons of Grid.ai's current offering across multiple areas. Prior to this interview, please sign up for an account on our website and try the product out for yourself.
- Culture Chat - 30 minutes: We take time to speak with every candidate about our values, Ethics in AI, and how our technology can be used to create a positive social impact.
- Technical Customer Presentation - 30 minutes: One of the key parts of a solutions architect's role is to showcase your knowledge of machine learning, and specifically, ML infrastructure and training ML models. You will create a 20-minute presentation to a potential customer of your choice. Spend the first 5 minutes explaining the customer's business and use case before diving into the pitch itself. We want you to dig into our differentiators versus our competitors in the space. This is an interactive interview, so be ready to think on your feet, discuss your thought process, and answer questions from the audience.
- CEO - 30 minutes: William Falcon, our CEO, likes to connect with every person joining our company. Be prepared to talk a bit about what you’ve learned and why you’d like to work with us.
- Offer: We try our best to give you a decision within 24 hours of each interview. At this point, we will present our offer and provide additional context about our stock options and growth trajectory.
- Start Date: Given our early stage, we would like all of our new hires to start within 4 weeks of acceptance.
How you’ll be rewarded
We pride ourselves on making sure our employees enjoy a good quality of life, no matter where they live. We offer competitive base salaries and stock options with a 25% one year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter.
For our international employees, we work with Velocity Global to pay you in your local currency and provide equitable benefits across the globe. In the US, we offer:
- 90% monthly premium contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans for you, you and your spouse, you and your children, or you and your family, along with HSA and FSA options. Our health plans are offered through Aetna, a health insurance company with a care network encompassing 1.3 million doctors and 5,700 hospitals across America.
- Life and AD&D insurance equal to 1x salary, as well as optional supplemental life insurance for extra peace of mind
- Flexible paid time off plus 3 weeks of company-wide mandatory vacation in May, August, and December. Most of our employees take a total of 25-30 days off per year.
- 12 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 6-12 months and 16 weeks of paid family leave for employees who have worked with the company for 12+ months
- $500 monthly meal reimbursement, including groceries & food delivery services
- $1,000 1-time home office build out for a desk, chair, keyboard, pair of headphones, and/or other home office supplies
- $1,000 annual learning & development stipend for classes, conferences, certifications, and continuing education
- 100% covered bike membership
- $45/month to ClassPass, a platform providing access to over 30,000 gyms and studios, as well as 5,000 beauty and spa partners, in 28 countries
- Access to monthly equity education sessions hosted by Carta and 1:1 meetings with Certified Public Accountants so that you can take proactive measures to minimize taxes due and maximize the value of your equity
- Ability to early exercise your stock options after 1 year of continuous employment
- Opportunities to obtain an employment-based immigrant VISA for relocation every 3 years
- Membership to a local co-working space upon request
- 24/7 access to:
- Teladoc, the leader in whole-person virtual care with access to doctors, therapists, and medical experts anywhere you are by phone or video
- One Medical, a patient-focused on-demand primary care practice
- Kindbody, a fertility, gynecology, and wellness service provider
- HealthAdvocate, an employee assistance program (EAP)
- Talkspace, a comprehensive, personalized mental healthcare platform providing access to licensed therapists for therapy, medication, assessment, healthy living support, and self-help tools
- Headspace, a guided meditation application focused on improving mindfulness, sleep, and stress-relief