Gremlin’s mission is to make the Internet more reliable. We’re leading the way in the exciting, growing practice of Chaos Engineering, for enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. The Gremlin platform uncovers risks and weaknesses that aren’t addressed by traditional DevOps and IT operations processes and best practices. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of Web Strategy & Delivery Manager
Your role will be to work within the Marketing team to identify and curate web content and manage the evolution of our website. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a record of transitioning, maintaining, and optimizing global websites in a fast-paced environment. You will both facilitate as well as directly contribute to the continuous improvement of our digital presence. Your day to day work will intersect with and draw from digital designers, growth marketing and product marketing.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Constantly focused on what can be done to improve website conversion, analyzing user behavior and implementing A/B tests
- Act as a champion for our strategy and execution
- Promote user awareness and team collaboration
- Ensure content and visuals align with brand id and voice.
- Work with the larger Marketing team to build and manage the web content development plan (including documentation, tracking, production management) and an editorial calendar based on strategic goals, business priorities, product launches, and other events
- Oversee content development process, working with colleagues across marketing strategy, technology, and creative
- Work in conjunction with marketing strategy and product experts to ensure content aligns with overall strategy
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the Netlify CMS to provide continuous productivity
- Manage the technical implementation of the web site utilizing agency help
- Understand the dynamics of the digital marketing ecosystem and extract key trends, topics, and content themes that will help us engage our audience
- Understand site mapping, user pathways, and information architecture
- Work to strategize around and optimize for SEO performance
We'll expect you to have:
- Ability to work and contribute within a fast-paced environment
- You must be able to clearly and concisely rationalize and articulate recommendations and provide the “why”
- Have excellent writing skills, be detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple priorities. You will be responsible for ensuring all content is accurate, on-brand, and on-time
- Effective communication skills: verbal/written/presentation
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can work proactively with minimal supervision
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and deliver them on time
- Demonstrable understanding of SEO, UX, buyer behaviors and user journeys
- At least 5-7 years of proven experience in web development and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred, but not required
- Experience working in IT, Cloud, or SaaS environments preferred, but not required
*If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.*
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and resolving global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, in 2016 they decided to make what they had learned available to a wider set of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another while pushing the entire industry forward to new heights. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin, we value:
- OUR CUSTOMERS - We won't be a company if our customers aren't thrilled. We live and die by our customers, so they come first.
- ACTION - We favor small experiments to gather data rather than over-analyzing a situation. Getting stuff done always beats talking about getting stuff done.
- CONTEXT, NOT CONTROL - We hire autonomous adults with good judgement. We provide them with the context to make smart decisions. We don't micromanage.
- BEING VOCALLY SELF-CRITICAL - We all make mistakes, we all have ways in which we can improve. We own that upfront, and honestly discuss ways in which we've personally made mistakes and can get better. Then, we encourage and help one another succeed at doing so.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION - We are at our best when we encourage and include the thoughts and voices of people from many diverse backgrounds into our strategy and execution. We recognize that systemic racism and gender bias are real and that we aren’t perfect, so we actively work to encourage the difficult conversations, to listen, and to change as we discover our blind spots so that Gremlin is a company all of us feel proud to be a part of.
- FRUGALITY - We are working to build a profitable company and create a new practice in the industry. We spend money on the right things, like making sure employees have the tools they need to be successful and the company has what it needs; we simply choose not to waste what we have and not to buy what we don’t actually need.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about how Gremlin is defining the practice of Chaos Engineering:
- Engineering for Chaos: Preparing for Disaster | Kolton Andrus | TEDxAsburyPark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasOy54QGKo