Gremlin’s mission is to make the Internet more reliable. We’re leading the way in the exciting, growing practice of Chaos Engineering, for enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. The Gremlin platform uncovers risks and weaknesses that aren’t addressed by traditional DevOps and IT operations processes and best practices. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of Director of Demand Generation/Growth
We’re looking for a Director of Demand Generation / Growth Marketing to use their expertise in designing, deploying and managing demand generation and nurture programs for a global SaaS product. The candidate will have the ability to craft and evolve the overall programs strategy, while also being able to roll up their sleeves and support the team in executing the components necessary to launch, scale and measure those programs. This role will lead a team as well as work with cross-functional groups within the organization.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Own the conception, execution, and optimization of Gremlin’s digital programs including paid advertising, content syndication, SEO and SEM
- Own the strategy and execution of our web presence and its role in our campaign plans
- Lead our account-based marketing strategy and execution in conjunction with the sales and product marketing teams
- Partner with the product marketing team to develop compelling copy for emails, ads, and other written content
- Collaborate with broader Marketing team to determine the best campaign plan and support for events and other field activities
- Advise on and manage budgets to meet Gremlin’s growth goals while delivering maximum return on investment
- Continually research, recommend, and evaluate new channels
- Partner with revenue operations to ensure programs are tracked for ongoing, detailed analysis and actionable insights
We'll expect you to have:
- At least 7 years of hands-on demand generation or digital marketing experience, ideally with a B2B SaaS or enterprise software company
- You must have demonstrable people-management and people-development skills
- A data-driven proposal and decision-making mindset and organized planning, execution and tracking
- Proficiency with marketing automation tools (Marketo preferred) and Salesforce
- Ability to keep sight of the “big picture” while maintaining a focus on details to make data-driven optimizations
- Demonstrable experience successfully collaborating with allied functions including Product Marketing, Web and Marketing Ops.
- Demonstrated results running multiple, complex campaigns across multiple platforms
- Curious, continuous learner who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work and contribute within a fast-paced environment
- You must be able to clearly and concisely rationalize and articulate recommendations and provide the “why” in business terms
- Have excellent writing skills, be detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple priorities
- Effective communication skills: verbal/written/presentation
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can work proactively with minimal supervision
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and deliver them on time
- Experience working at a B2B developer tools/infrastructure company
- You’ve scaled a demand generation/growth marketing team that includes campaigns, paid media, social media and marketing ops
- You’ve managed 4+ person teams
- Strong background incorporating earned, paid and owned media into your strategy
- Technical degree or minor, similar experience or demonstrated technology prowess
*If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.*
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and resolving global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, in 2016 they decided to make what they had learned available to a wider set of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another while pushing the entire industry forward to new heights. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin, we value:
- OUR CUSTOMERS - We won't be a company if our customers aren't thrilled. We live and die by our customers, so they come first.
- ACTION - We favor small experiments to gather data rather than over-analyzing a situation. Getting stuff done always beats talking about getting stuff done.
- CONTEXT, NOT CONTROL - We hire autonomous adults with good judgement. We provide them with the context to make smart decisions. We don't micromanage.
- BEING VOCALLY SELF-CRITICAL - We all make mistakes, we all have ways in which we can improve. We own that upfront, and honestly discuss ways in which we've personally made mistakes and can get better. Then, we encourage and help one another succeed at doing so.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION - We are at our best when we encourage and include the thoughts and voices of people from many diverse backgrounds into our strategy and execution. We recognize that systemic racism and gender bias are real and that we aren’t perfect, so we actively work to encourage the difficult conversations, to listen, and to change as we discover our blind spots so that Gremlin is a company all of us feel proud to be a part of.
- FRUGALITY - We are working to build a profitable company and create a new practice in the industry. We spend money on the right things, like making sure employees have the tools they need to be successful and the company has what it needs; we simply choose not to waste what we have and not to buy what we don’t actually need.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about how Gremlin is defining the practice of Chaos Engineering:
- Engineering for Chaos: Preparing for Disaster | Kolton Andrus | TEDxAsburyPark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasOy54QGKo