We’re looking for a highly collaborative VP of Product with the analytical horsepower and problem-solving abilities to help us unlock our next phase of innovation and growth in a brand new category.
The VP of Product will leverage our strong foundation to build a world class product which enables our customers and partners to easily deploy, integrate, and extend our tooling to meet their specific business needs in new segments and new markets.
As a key leader in our organization, you’ll help us drive this transformation by developing and executing the strategic vision and product roadmap, cultivating external partnerships and a developer community and building and nurturing an amazing team
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work with key stakeholders to define a product strategy that empowers our customers and partners to easily deploy, integrate and extend our product to build more reliable system
- Build and scale a world-class Product organization by defining the structure, unlocking talent and capabilities of current team members and recruiting top talent to fill out the team
- Partner with Engineering to building consistent processes that harness data-driven approaches to delivering high-quality, high-impact work in a repeatable fashion
- Work with Product Marketing to develop a clear and compelling marketing strategy for Gremlin. Constantly be building awareness of our unique product capabilities and continuous validate our pricing and packaging
- Be a strong evangelist for our vision, technology and roadmap and drive market adoption from our customer developer community, industry analysts and key partners
We'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years leading product management teams within B2B SaaS, PaaS or IaaS companies, with specific experience (5+ years) focused on developer tools
- A deep love of and empathy for developers and a drive to build amazing experiences that surprise and delight them
- Engineering background with a player-coach mentality that enables you to roll up your sleeves and dig in along side the team
- Proven track record of having skillfully built, mentored and trained Product Management organizations into a thoughtful, efficient, and quality team
- Skilled at partnering with VP and C-level executives in driving business decision-making and product road mapping
- A strong point of view and willingness to thoughtfully make a data-driven case
- Ability to combine both internal user data and consumer insights to help map the product experience
- A passion for living and breathing the user experience, immersing yourself in user trends, research and live interactions
- Ability to complement all decisions with supportive analytics and test/measure performance
- Known for taking ownership of the outcomes through working with others and stay accountable to actions
*If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.*
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Employees at Gremlin have the unique chance to be at the forefront of a new IT practice, Chaos Engineering, just as the industry is beginning to adopt it. Our team is growing and you have an opportunity to join us as we transform how companies like Target, Twilio, National Bank of Australia, and many more build reliable software.
“Gartner anticipates that 40% of organizations will implement chaos engineering practices as part of DevOps initiatives by 2023, reducing unplanned downtime by 20%.”
Chaos Engineering helps engineers test large computer systems to discover system problems before those problems cause outages. This is a foundational approach for every company that provides mission-critical, always-online services. Gremlin provides a platform that makes the practice much faster to implement and easier to use for both large and small enterprise customers.
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders,” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and resolving global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, in 2016 they decided to make what they had learned available to a wider set of enterprise companies and launched Gremlin.
Since then, Gremlin has built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another while pushing the entire industry forward to new heights. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin, we value:
- OUR CUSTOMERS - We won't be a company if our customers aren't thrilled. We live and die by our customers, so they come first.
- ACTION - We favor small experiments to gather data rather than over-analyzing a situation. Getting stuff done always beats talking about getting stuff done.
- CONTEXT, NOT CONTROL - We hire autonomous adults with good judgement. We provide them with the context to make smart decisions. We don't micromanage.
- BEING VOCALLY SELF-CRITICAL - We all make mistakes, we all have ways in which we can improve. We own that upfront, and honestly discuss ways in which we've personally made mistakes and can get better. Then, we encourage and help one another succeed at doing so.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION - We are at our best when we encourage and include the thoughts and voices of people from many diverse backgrounds into our strategy and execution. We recognize that systemic racism and gender bias are real and that we aren’t perfect, so we actively work to encourage the difficult conversations, to listen, and to change as we discover our blind spots so that Gremlin is a company all of us feel proud to be a part of.
- FRUGALITY - We are working to build a profitable company and create a new practice in the industry. We spend money on the right things, like making sure employees have the tools they need to be successful and the company has what it needs; we simply choose not to waste what we have and not to buy what we don’t actually need.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Learn more about how Gremlin is defining the practice of Chaos Engineering:
- Engineering for Chaos: Preparing for Disaster | Kolton Andrus | TEDxAsburyPark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasOy54QGKo