Gremlin makes the internet more reliable and resilient. As the industry leaders of Chaos Engineering, Gremlin helps companies build resilience into their increasingly complex software systems.
Engineering teams use our solution to safely inject controlled failure into systems to identify, fix, and prevent outages. More resilient systems translate to happier users and better business.
About The Role of Technical Writer
Our team is growing quickly, and we are looking for a technical writer who can produce a stream of technical content around chaos engineering, site reliability engineering, and infrastructure engineering topics. If you're passionate about the B2B developer tools space, and have experience working with and writing about Linux, cloud infrastructure, containers, dns, databases, monitoring, or web servers, we want to hear from you.
As technical writer, you’ll be responsible for producing a steady stream of content for an audience of chaos engineers, site reliability engineers, and others that are joining the Gremlin Community and implementing chaos engineering at their organizations.
- Produce technical blog posts for the Chaos Engineering community that help people get started and be successful with chaos engineering and related topics
- Create white papers and workbooks for mid-funnel engagement and sales enablement
- Work with the marketing director to define all facets of the Gremlin customer journey, and develop content plans accordingly
- Work with chaos engineering evangelists, designers, and marketing to shape the entirety of the chaos community experience, including community development and developer outreach
- Technical background in computer science, infrastructure, or cloud computing either via education or relevant work experience
- Have considerable technical authority of your own in these areas
- Experience with chaos engineering a plus
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position, preferably in B2B enterprise cloud software
- Background researching and writing documentation for developers, cloud infrastructure, or operations
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong voice and sharp eye for structure
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and rectifying global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, they captured their learnings in the Gremlin product and launched the company in 2016.
Since then we’ve built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn and bring their knowledge over from other companies. We’re backed by top tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
Gremlin is an equal opportunity workplace committed to a diverse and inclusive culture. We are headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices in San Jose and San Francisco. We have remote employees across the United States, and many positions are location agnostic.