Create the app that helps humanity grow plants 🌱⚡️🌍 🚀
Greg is changing the way humans live alongside plants. We believe that everyone should understand how plants work and be able to participate in solutions to the existential challenges our planet is facing, from food system insecurity to collapsing ecosystems.
We've started by creating a delightful mobile app that helps people grow thriving plants. Our community has grown from 100 beta users in August 2020 to over 50,000 active users today. Plants have been watered with Greg over 1M times, and partners like The Sill and over 100 other retailers have started sharing Greg to help their customers care for newly-purchased plants.
About the Role:
As a founding member of our science team, you’ll be directly responsible for creating statistical models used by millions of people and creating technology that changes the way humans care for plants. You’ll own major architectural decisions, drive feature development, and nurture our team culture.
What sets us apart:
We’re inventors and artists creating a product and brand that has the potential to make a difference in billions of lives.
- We distribute ownership of the company equally among our teammates
- Our team has shipped wildly successful consumer mobile apps at a global scale before
- Our team combines hard science with product design, engineering, and story-telling
- Our app already has substantial traction and a thriving community
- We’re a Public Benefit Company with a published charter
- We’re fully remote
- You have a strong desire to use your skills to make a difference in the world
- You take pride in your craft and creating a delightful experience for users
- You’ve been creating and applying statistical models for 3-6+ years
- You have a strong grasp of probability theory and the mathematical underpinnings of statistical modeling
- You've applied models like Bayes' theorem, Poisson distributions, Markov chains, or random forests to solve real-world problems
- You like working with people from diverse backgrounds with different expertise
- You’re interested learning more about science
- You’ve tried growing plants (successfully or not 😉 🌱)
- You have experience with modeling data in SQL and creating data pipelines
- You've created applications in Python
Gregarious is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We go further than most teams by requiring a diverse makeup from our board of directors and cap table through to our team and community. When you believe that humankind, plantkind, and all living beings are kin, then it becomes clear that we’re all in this together.