Be part of a more sustainable future with Greenworks Tools. We’re looking for dynamic leaders who are excited and eager to help us bring cutting-edge green technology to the marketplace.
Greenworks Tools is the leader in battery-powered outdoor power tools for DIY consumers and landscaping professionals. Our company develops and manufactures Greenworks vehicles for the OPE (Outdoor Power Equipment) market. With products ranging from commercial riding and standing mowers to residential riding mowers to ORV (Off-Road Vehicles), and mobile charging trailers, Greenworks Tools offers the right tool for every job.
Utilizing best-in-class battery, control, and drive technologies, Greenworks Tools deliver the power and performance of comparable gas-powered tools without the mess, noxious fumes, pollution, vibration, and noise associated with gas products.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to join the Greenworks team in the electric vehicle group. The role is responsible for leading the development and support of Greenworks and Greenworks Commercial Autonomous Mowers from concept to production.
The position has leadership and accountability for defining the strategy, architecture direction, and requirements for autonomous electric vehicles and their systems. Reporting to the Director of Vehicle Engineering, this position will be responsible for developing architecture roadmaps and system requirements across the product portfolio. In addition, the role will be responsible for developing and/or implementing common processes, tools and methods across the autonomous systems while leading execution of long-range roadmaps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical point person for autonomous systems of vehicles (riding mowers, off-road vehicles, etc)
- Accountable for the development and validation of autonomous riding mowers
- Assisting in design of riding mowers and off-road vehicles
- Willingness to be hands-on, working with technicians on prototypes, educating manufacturing and coordinating with field service.
- Provide guidance to Technical Service Team
- Lead test and development of Autonomous Systems related design improvements
- Work with testing, engineering and manufacturing teams to identify potential product safety issues and drive to resolution
- As needed, develop processes/standards for continuous improvement
- Monitor related warranty data to identify and resolve top issues
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to the peer team and captured in technical documentation i.e Design Standards, FMEAs and DVP&Rs
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering [software, electronics, mechatronics or similar]
- Experience in a product development role (design, test, or manufacturing)
- Knowledge of systems engineering, development of robotic systems, sensor technologies
- Experience in applied AI/Deep learning
- Software development skills [C/C++ and Python]
- Familiar with Linux, ROS, CAN interface, Jira, Bitbucket/GIT
- Exposure to RTK, GPS as well as FCC
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems/components of vehicles (ORV, riding mowers, trailers)
- Some prototyping, testing and wiring experience
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Decisive, self-motivated, and prone to action
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be customer focused to drive continual improvement
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment required
- Ability to ride vehicles for the purpose of tuning and testing
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Assistance with fertility treatment and adoption
- 401k company match plan
- Paid sick, personal, and vacation time
Greenworks Tools is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.