Be part of a more sustainable future with Greenworks Tools. We’re looking for dynamic leaders who are excited and eager to help us bring cutting-edge green technology to the marketplace.
Greenworks Tools is the leader in battery-powered outdoor power tools for DIY consumers and landscaping professionals. Our company distributes Greenworks-branded and private label products, as well as products for an extensive network of original equipment manufacturers. With a robust lineup of Greenworks-branded products including 24V, 40V, 60V, 80V, and commercial-grade 82V battery-powered cordless outdoor power tools, a full line of corded equipment, and reel mowers, Greenworks Tools offers the right tool for every job.
Utilizing best-in-class battery, control, and drive technologies, Greenworks Tools deliver the power and performance of comparable gas-powered tools without the mess, noxious fumes, pollution, vibration, and noise associated with gas products.
The Sales Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of Greenworks business with Costco US. The ideal candidate must possess and display a positive attitude with relentless passion for growing the assigned business. This position will have a key leadership function within the Greenworks Retail team, while developing and implementing strategies and driving financial results.
- Establishes and implements sales strategies to support sales and profit growth.
- Manages overall P&L, analyzing and managing each business segment to achieve the sales growth and profit goals set forth by Greenworks.
- Manages the key retailer economic analysis.
- Participates in new product development in conjunction with the Product teams as required.
- Forecasts customer product needs on a monthly basis through demand/forecasting function. Active participation in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings for future product demand, production scheduling, and finished goods inventory with customer needs and fiscal budget.
- Manages the overall business to include management of excess finished goods, back-up inventory flow, etc.
- Establishes and maintains direct personal relationships with existing and potential account decision-makers. Managing the Greenworks senior management relationship by promoting meetings between the senior management of both companies. Influencing business via personal selling ability.
- Attends and participates in key trade and customer events representing Greenworks.
- Communicates activity formally and informally as needed. This is to include the weekly updates.
- Overseeing, organizing and formalizing the account visits, establishing predetermined objectives with Director and Sales VP. Coordination with other business principals to insure objectives are being met is critical.
- Provides regular, factual market feedback to VP Sales, Product Teams and other personnel to insure our product development meets market needs.
- Formalizes trade sales agreements to both internal and external customers on a timely basis.
- Assists product management teams in developing product line to maximize opportunities.
- Assists management to determine product needs, marketing programs, merchandising needs to meet sales and profit objectives.
- Prepares required and special reports (verbal and written) promptly.
- Recommends policies including warranty policy, returns policy, credit policy, and distribution planning.
- Provides input, as requested, to the strategic planning process.
- Assists in establishing sales and managing selling expense budget for national accounts.
- Ability to manage and plan multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage internal direct reports to include motivation, direction, growing employees, etc.
- Total understanding of profitability goals and ability to execute plan to achieve goals for Greenworks account.
- Work closely and effectively with core business influences – marketing, product management, new product development, sales support, credit, operations, engineering, etc. to insure the highest degree of customer satisfaction is understood and maintained.
- A demonstrated ability to work with financial numbers, both in presentations and in written communications.
- Superior people, oral/written/listening communication skills.
- Proactive business approach.
- Be actively involved in critical customer issues and manage to the desired result for Greenworks.
- Ability to present professional presentations to multiple level team members, customers, vendors, and others effectively.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business or Marketing. MBA degree is a strong plus.
- 7 to 10 years’ senior level experience in the consumer durable products industry through sales, product management, or marketing.
- Proven successful track record and relationships are required.
- Solid computer skills with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Word Processing, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Travel to meetings, market visits, etc. 25%
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Assistance with fertility treatment and adoption
- 401k company match plan
- Paid sick, personal, and vacation time
Greenworks Tools is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.