Be part of a more sustainable future with Greenworks Tools. We’re looking for dynamic leaders who are excited and eager to help us bring cutting-edge green technology to the marketplace.
Greenworks Tools is the leader in battery-powered outdoor power tools for DIY consumers and landscaping professionals. Our company develops and manufactures Greenworks vehicles for the OPE (Outdoor Power Equipment) market. With products ranging from commercial riding and standing mowers to residential riding mowers to ORV (Off-Road Vehicles) side-by-sides and utility vehicles, Greenworks Tools offers the right tool for every job.
Utilizing best-in-class battery, control, and drive technologies, Greenworks Tools deliver the power and performance of comparable gas-powered tools without the mess, noxious fumes, pollution, vibration, and noise associated with gas products.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced designer or engineer to join the Greenworks team in the electric vehicle group. The role is responsible for leading the development and support of Greenworks and Greenworks Commercial accessories.
The Vehicle Accessories Engineer has leadership and accountability for defining the strategy, architecture direction, and requirements for vehicle accessories. Reporting to the Director of Vehicle Engineering, this position will be responsible for developing architecture roadmaps and system requirements across the product portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical point person for vehicle accessories
- Accountable for the development and validation of accessories for riding mowers and Side-by-sides. Accessories include standard hitch attachments [plow, bucket, cart] and powered tools [blowers, sweepers, and baggers]
- Employee will work closely with Product management and the product lines to ensure the vehicle systems are properly specified, meeting key deliverables, and achieving industry leading standards
- Support service team including troubleshooting, communicating technical solutions, and interfacing with field service.
- In addition, must also work with Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, internal Manufacturing, and external vendors
- Initiate and maintain DFMEAs and DVP&Rs for vehicles
- Participate in key project milestones including Team Meetings, interfacing system Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Safety Reviews
- Work with the Quality team for root cause analysis activities and document lessons learned
- Design world-class guidelines and test procedures
- Gather, analyze, track and report on warranty and other consumer quality information related to system
- Interact and direct resources across multiple engineering sites and multiple countries
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in design or engineering
- Experience in a product development role (design, test, or manufacturing) or relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems/components.
- Decisive, self-motivated, and prone to action
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be customer focused to drive continual improvement
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment required
- Ability to ride vehicles for the purpose of tuning and testing
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k company match plan
- Paid sick, personal, and vacation time
Greenworks Tools is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.