Be part of a more sustainable future with Greenworks Tools. We’re looking for dynamic leaders who are excited and eager to help us bring cutting-edge green technology to the marketplace.
Greenworks Tools is the leader in battery-powered outdoor power equipment (OPE) for DIY consumers and landscaping professionals. Our company develops and manufactures Greenworks vehicles products ranging from commercial and residential riding mowers to off-road vehicles—side-by-sides and utility vehicles. Greenworks Tools offers the right tool for every job.
Utilizing best-in-class battery, control, and drive technologies, Greenworks Tools deliver the power and performance of comparable gas-powered tools without the mess, noxious fumes, pollution, vibration, and noise associated with gas products
The Sourcing Engineer will be responsible for sourcing new suppliers for the business while ensuring proper alignment of inbound supply chain for products and raw materials. In addition, this role drives continuous improvement of our cost position and takes an active part in product improvement and development in support of business strategies. This position will also be responsible for scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products both domestically and internationally. This role will be responsible for communicating with multiple internal departments to understand the needs of the business and will develop relationships with suppliers and distributors to proactively manage inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations. This position will work closely with the Greenworks planning group to ensure proper materials to meet the build schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source and create new suppliers both domestic and international.
- Perform quote analysis to include material specifications, tooling, duty/tariff, packaging, quality, shipping.
- Lead supplier evaluation, selection, development and qualification in consideration to terms, quality, cost and lead times.
- Research and find new technology/alternatives to overcome project challenges (such as lower cost or lighter weight).
- Execute sourcing and supply strategies that maximize supply continuity, growth potential, and profitability of the business
- Coordinate and build strong relationships with the engineering, production, and material and planning functions of the business to manage forecast and component needs based on business needs and production goals.
- Generating purchase orders based on the evaluation of business needs and coordinating with accounts payable to confirm supplier payments, scheduling prompt delivery of materials and products.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with supplier partners to ensure understanding of supply chain issues or other risks and sourcing alternative solutions to guarantee adequate supply necessary for production.
- Facilitate early supplier involvement meetings, effectively document agreements and risks, and drive closure of open action items.
- Proactively attend conferences and meet with vendors to identify new trends and technology that could lead to new product advancements and cost savings opportunities.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
- Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
- Preparing cost estimates and performance reports.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Electrical Engineering required
- 2+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, global procurement, and sourcing in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bi-lingual in Chinese and English preferred.
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Previous ERP/MRP experience required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k company match plan
- Paid sick/vacation/personal time
Greenworks Tools is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.