Within the fast growing and everchanging cannabis industry, RISE has emerged as one of the industry’s premier leaders in the retail dispensary landscape. With 77 open locations and plans to scale beyond, we are in search of a talented and thoughtful Brand Marketing Director to bring our brand and marketing initiatives to a new level. Reporting to the VP of Retail Marketing, our ideal candidate will have the experience to know what best in class brand strategy and in-market activation looks like and will be able to build and coach teams to develop commercial plans that will deliver sustained traffic and sales growth for the brand. The role requires a passion for understanding the shopper journey and a passion for developing plans that translate insights into meaningful commercial impact through increased awareness, traffic and retail sales. At GTI, the parent company of RISE, we move fast, fail forward and embrace the rapid pace of change. We face new challenges daily but celebrate wins as we work together to lead this brand-new industry with integrity, high quality and a people-first culture. Are you ready for the rocket ship?
- Working with key stakeholders, leads development of commercial plans including the allocation of funding across markets, paid, owned and earned media planning and definition of retail activation and promotional strategies.
- Leads development and execution of ROI driven omni-channel marketing campaigns that drive increased traffic, new shopper acquisition and other KPIs as defined through commercial planning process.
- Works cross-functionally with eCommerce team to influence CRM, loyalty and blog marketing programs to balance promotional/commercial impact with brand building communications that help reinforce the brand’s differentiated positioning within the market.
- Strategize and plan with regional teams to support regional or location specific programing needs, ensuring continuity of brand expression and consistency with national commercial strategies.
- Manages annual budgeting process, maximizing efficiency of spend while leaning into emerging opportunities where appropriate.
- Develop internal communications that energize partners in the field and retail operations, gaining buy-in and support of national programming priorities.
- Analyze first and third party data to identify opportunities to grow market share.
- Manage a team of brand managers and associates with ambition to scale over time.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred in relevant field (Marketing, Business, Management, etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive marketing and/or brand management experience in Retail, Restaurant, Hospitality or CPG industries.
- Shopper marketing or multi-unit expertise leading direct to consumer revenue generation programming a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years paid media strategy and planning; accountable for a multi-million dollar budget.
- Proven team builder, leader, and talent developer. You have experience recruiting and developing new teams and have demonstrated an ability to build structures in service of a defined strategy.
- Start-up experience is ideal, but not required. Must demonstrate an ability to adapt to fast paced, highly dynamic business environments.
- Must be able to thrive in a highly matrixed organization constantly adapting to shifting industry and organizational business needs.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Concrete experience managing complex projects and programs that have heavy dependencies requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and tactical project management. You can paint a picture but are also willing to roll up your sleeves to make it happen.
- Analytical and commercially minded. You can translate shopper insights and behavioral data into actionable strategies and go-to-market plans that translate into meaningful business impact.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills. You can manage up as well as you can down, distilling complex ideas and recommendations into clearly understood narratives.
- Passion for all things retail. You bring an excitement that rallies others to join your cause.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding, or passion to further your understanding and knowledge of Marijuana laws, rules and regulations
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry