The R&D Laboratory Technician performs many of the day to day tasks and demands of the Research & Development Lab. This position is responsible for assisting with the research and development lab, which tackles a wide variety of tasks including (but not limited to) extraction, winterization, distillation, analytical equipment, and production of cannabis infused products. They also keep a sharp eye on compliance, documentation, and workplace safety. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, and excited about creation & innovation within the cannabis space.
- Execute lab scale and small batch experimentation to support all levels of formulation, analytics, and processing for multiple cannabis-based research projects.
- Aid in the maintenance of inventories for research and developments raw materials, chemicals, and equipment, as well as formulation spreadsheets, inventories, traceability logs, tracking logs, etc.
- Follow complex instructions and formulations in the preparation of cannabis extract, concentrates, and infused products.
- Evaluate and updates technologies and operating procedures associated with research and development.
- Aid compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product creation.
- Operate laboratory instruments, makes observations, calculates and records results.
- Assist in monitoring of production line and collecting samples for various testing and stability programs.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure compliance and meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
- Practice highly sterile laboratory cleaning procedures throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
- Capable of troubleshooting, fixing, and services a wide range of equipment and software with little to no assistance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in biology, chemistry, or physics.
- Prior Laboratory experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Prior experience in research.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with coworkers and management.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to research and development needs.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
- Enthusiasm for research and formulating/improving product formulations.
- Must be able to carry out repetitive tasks at a continuously high level of quality.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Active driver’s license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal & company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive & maintain an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance).