Within the fast growing and everchanging cannabis industry, RISE has emerged as one of the industry’s premier leaders in the retail dispensary landscape. With 77 open locations and licenses to scale to over 110, we are in growth mode and looking for a strong brand marketer to join our team as Brand Manager of RISE Retail. Reporting to the Brand Director of Retail Marketing, our ideal candidate will have the experience to know what best in class brand activation looks like and will be able to develop commercial plans that will deliver sustained growth for the brand. The role requires a passion for understanding the shopper journey and a passion for developing marketing plans that translate insights into meaningful commercial impact through increased awareness, traffic and retail sales. This role can be done remotely with 20% travel required.
At Green Thumb, the parent company of RISE, we move fast, fail forward and embrace the rapid pace of change. We face new challenges daily but celebrate wins as we work together to lead this brand-new industry with integrity, high quality and a people-first culture.
- Partner with key stakeholders, leads development of commercial plans including the allocation of funding across markets, media planning and definition of retail activation and promotional strategies.
- Lead development and execution of ROI driven promotional programs that drive increased traffic, new shopper acquisition and other KPIs as defined through commercial planning process.
- Strategize and plan with regional teams to support region or location specific programing needs, ensuring continuity of brand expression and consistency with national commercial strategies.
- Utilize competitive, category, consumer, shopper, and retailer insights to further validate and optimize programs to meet strategic objectives and identify growth platforms.
- Manages annual budgeting process, maximizing efficiency of spend while leaning into emerging opportunities where appropriate.
- Develop internal communications that energize partners in the field and retail operations, gaining buy-in and support of national programming priorities.
- Analyze first- and third-party data to identify opportunities to grow market share.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred in relevant field (Marketing, Business, Management, etc.)
- Progressive experience in Retail, Restaurant, Hospitality or CPG industries with 5+ years of brand management or marketing experience
- Start-up experience is ideal, but not required. Must demonstrate an ability to adapt to fast paced, highly dynamic business environments
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness
- Concrete programmatic experience managing complex projects that have heavy dependencies requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and tactical project management. You can paint a picture but are also willing to roll up your sleeves to make it happen
- Analytical and commercially minded. You can translate shopper insights and behavioral data into actionable strategies and go-to-market plans that translate into meaningful business impact
- Superior verbal and written communications skills. You can manage up as well as you can down, distilling complex ideas and recommendations into clearly understood narratives
- Passion for all things retail. You bring an excitement that rallies others to join your cause
- Operates with a high level of detail, professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must comprehend, retain, and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid comprehension and passion to further your understanding and knowledge of cannabis laws, rules and regulations.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age