The Creative Project Manager is a hands-on role that works throughout the entire process of getting our project deliverables completed on-time. They are enthusiastic, hyper-organized, rational thinkers who thrive in calendars, spreadsheets, and accountability. They are well-versed in all forms of creative production—from packaging to collateral to retail assets, social media, merch, and beyond. This process involves everything from creating & maintaining production timelines, interfacing with vendors, managing budgets, allocating production design resources and production logistics, all the way through to final delivery of assets to project owners. As a critical member of the Creative team, they will work closely with the Senior Creative Project Manager, Production Designers, Graphic Designers, Senior Creative Director, and Senior Design Manager.
- Develop & manage production timelines and priorities for brand packaging and multi-asset projects based upon Brand-imposed deadlines, ensuring production logistics are aligned with various stages of review and approvals.
- Align workloads and priorities with Production Designers.
- Advise Brand teams based upon spec & schedule development while communicating with vendors to ensure budget, timeline, & quality expectations are met; recommending new vendor resources as needed
- Raise awareness of project issues with timelines, budgets & specs and collaborate with team members to resolve
- Monitor and maintain project updates and status in monday.com
- Facilitate check-ins with Brand teams for production-related status updates and priority shifts
- Collaborate with Senior Creative Project Manager to monitor team’s production capacity
- Assist in freelancer management for invoice payment, cost-tracking, and on-boarding
- Cultivate relationships with cross-functional teams (Procurement, Brand, IT, HR/People, Finance, Compliance)
- Assist with on-boarding of new design team members
- Contribute to continuous improvement of design team processes and provide best practice recommendations
- Actively participates in the creative process by asking questions, voicing opinions, and effectively collaborating with stakeholders to determine project’s production-related demands
- Manage multiple projects at once amidst consistently shifting priorities and various stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree, Minimum of 3+ years of experience in creative production and vendor management, either within an advertising or design agency, or an internal creative marketing team
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills; ability to prioritize & manage the execution of multiple projects across multiple brands
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy with a willingness to adapt to existing workflows, while also contributing suggestions for improvements
- Expertise in project management and all Microsoft software.
- Experience producing for consumer goods, retail, and regulated industries preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written & verbal) and time-management skills
- Performs independently within a team environment under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking, continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback
- Interacts regularly with the Senior Director, Creative, Senior Design Manager, Brand teams, Creative Team and other cross-functional teams as needed for completion of assigned projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional core teams and strong personalities
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Extremely strong attention to detail but comfort with ambiguity
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding and/or come to master Cannabis compliance rules and regulations set forth by each State
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry