As a Sr Production Technician- Spee Dee, you will be responsible for producing cannabis products within our wide portfolio. In this role you will use a variety of tools, equipment, and small machinery to produce and/or package cannabis products in accordance with our safety, quality and productivity guidelines. In addition, as a Sr Production Technician, you will be responsible for training new employees as well as utilizing our seed to sale systems and other internal reporting systems to track our products and other KPI’s.
- Follow all department specific safety practices including the use of PPE
- Responsible for maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the designated work area, including supporting all 5S requirements
- Remain compliant with all safety training requirements
- Promptly report safety concerns, including near miss situations
- Producing, filling, packaging, labeling, sealing, and other duties associated with producing our range of products and preparing it for sale
- Responsible for increasing operational efficiency and reducing waste through ownership, teamwork, communication and collaboration.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and meet productivity standards
- Follow SOP’s and work instructions to complete the tasks according to company standards
- Work in a quick and efficient manner and strives to consistently increase productivity
- Ensure all compliance requirements of the company and the State.
- Responsible for basic maintenance and cleaning of all tools and equipment.
Quality & Compliance:
- Utilize seed to sale and other internal systems to track product movement, production, waste, quality and other metrics.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to improve and promote quality
- Perform in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceed our strict specifications and patient's expectations.
- Ensure 100% compliance involving proper weighing, data recording, product tracking, and security awareness throughout all times.
- Labeling and recording inventory data
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols
- Follow all food safety and GMP requirements of the facility and department.
- Responsible for training new employees on department specific SOP’s and work instructions
- Provide input and feedback to the Lead and/or Supervisor on new employee performance
- Sign off on any required training paperwork
- Build positive relationships and demonstrate strong communication skills
- Provide retraining as required
Teamwork (makes the dream work):
- Participate in daily communication meetings
- Elevate issues to a lead, direct manager, and HR as appropriate
- Create a positive working environment
- Escalate areas of process improvement
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by a manager or lead
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; associates degree or certifications preferred
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others while also completing individually assigned tasks
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and lift equipment or plants up to 50 lbs. for extended periods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Must be able to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements
- Must be able to work in an environment that is 85+ degrees and 70% humidity for extended periods
- Must be able to work at heights
- Effectively follow state and company compliance requirements
- Excellent customer service, time management and organization skills
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.