GTI is seeking an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor to lead our Warehouse, Finished Goods, Fulfillment, and Logistics team in our Ocala, Florida facility. As Warehouse, & Logistics Supervisor you’ll coordinate with on the ground leadership to direct all the daily processes and long-term targets of our incoming materials & finished goods inventory, as well as product distribution facility at our Ocala facility.
You’ll grind away at the details of managing internal resources to maximize safety, compliance, efficiency, productivity, and culture. You’ll also blaze the path toward creating and developing the multilevel professional team in Florida, and you’ll work closely as part of the leadership team to keep every detail of the facility up to snuff. You will be the one to ensure word class warehouse standards are maintained, complete and accurate orders are processed and delivered, and inventory integrity is maintained. The operational duties are mostly tactical/hands-on and direct in nature and require substantial time be spent on the plant floor working closely and directly with all production employees. A strong leader knows that success is always a joint effort, and the Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor will also excel at working with the Sales Leadership in FL, and leadership from GTI Headquarters to help make sure GTI is smoking the competition at every level!
- Execution of the operational strategy and tactical plan for the handling of raw packaging, grow materials, and finished goods. Facilitate end-to-end process to minimize traceability gaps.
- Manager all warehouse and finished goods inventory controls picking/packing, dry storage working closely with departmental leaders ensuring wholesale objectives are accomplished on time and budget.
- Monitor and communicate inventory accuracy between wholesale departments including, supply chain, wholesale sales team.
- Partner with facility Assistant General Manager and other members of leadership team on budgeting; Analysis of facility data, including efficiency metrics, labor variance analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume, and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements and capital expenditures
- Develop and produce reporting to clearly illustrate the trends of the business.
- Manage and maintain a company culture consistent with the culture established at GTI corporate of accountability, transparency, and enjoyment
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance GTI’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge, and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Support the implementation of TPM strategy\tactics related to GTI Asset Management for rolling stock. This is inclusive of TPM program.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/or human resources requirements
- Resource planning and career satisfaction for team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus, or 7 + years of management experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Direct management experience of 30+ individuals in a warehouse, inventory management, and direct distribution system suggested.
- Consumer Packaged Good and high-volume Fleet delivery experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, certifications a plus
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information in a highly regulated industry.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Must possess valid government-issued ID
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be able to be approved by the MMCC to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, reaching, talking, hearing, bending, stooping, walking, seeing and repetitive motions
- Regular use of tools/equipment including ladders, pallet jacks, and pallet stacker
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds unassisted (and up to 300 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and products.