This position is responsible for the safety and productivity of production employees, as well as enforcing Company, Local, State and Federal policies, rules and regulations. The Lead is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters. Additional duties of assisting with maintaining/running/cleaning mechanical equipment; and fill in for supervisor when needed. This person will also be responsible for tracking product electronically in the state traceability system to ensure compliance with program regulations. Responsible for assisting with production, which includes but is not limited to inventory management and workplace safety.
- Create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Successfully mentor, train and develop strong team members, provide coaching in real time
- Ensure safety and productivity of all employees assigned to your area
- Enforce all policies, regulations, laws, and safety and processing procedures
- Maintain clean and safe workplace in accordance with 5S protocol
- Investigate and report all incidents (accidents, near miss, poor performance, etc)
- Manufacture and/or package products as needed
- Suggest and implement cost saving ideas and/or workplace efficiencies
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Direct the team – directing, scheduling & leading the team to complete daily, weekly, monthly and annual production goals
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, & annual inventory of cannabis & non cannabis items, or as needed
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports, or as needed
- Lead team in supervisor’s absence
- Accurately track both product and waste electronically in the state traceability system
- Operating/sanitation/PM of mechanical equipment and/or tools
- Transfer of material from one department to another with proper documentation in state traceability system
- Exhibit strong organizational skills, communication skills and windows based operating software
- Manage time efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- Sanitation & cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day
- Employee must be able to follow instructions as well as be able to positively receive constructive criticism from their managers so they may continue to develop and help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree, plus 1-2 years in a production role (equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered)
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- Must have Pesticide Operator or Applicator License, or obtain within 30 days of hire (specific to Grow Dept.)