Green Thumb Industries Inc. (“Green Thumb”), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, promotes well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which it serves. Green Thumb manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Beboe, Dogwalkers, Dr. Solomon’s, Good Green, incredibles and Rythm. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise Dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Green Thumb has 17 manufacturing facilities, 75 open retail locations and operations across 15 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, Green Thumb employs over 3,800 people and serves millions of patients and customers each year. The company was named to Built In Chicago’s Best Large Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Crain’s Fast 50 list in 2021, and a Best Workplace by MG Retailer magazine in 2018 and 2019. More information is available at GTIgrows.com
The SVP of Technology is responsible for the overall information technology initiatives and strategy for Green Thumb. This includes the efficiency/effectiveness of existing systems as well as developing and implementing new systems. You will be responsible for optimizing our technology infrastructure for our production, retail and corporate functions. This role will participate in overall business planning and innovation and must understand the organization’s current and future capabilities.
The SVP of Technology will be a team player and strategic leader who will work collaboratively across functions to ensure organizational and operational alignment. You will deliver innovative and operational technology in this fast-paced and growing organization. The SVP of Technology must be able to rally the troops around the technology plan and path for the company.
- Oversee and drive the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and monitoring of Green Thumb’s technical systems, ensuring that processes and policies are updated and targeted to maximize the security of our data and IP.
- Develop GTI’s technical strategy delivering innovative solutions to our vertically integrated business to ensure successful storage, security and accessibility of our data
- Drive strong engagement and performance of the IT team through strong vision, prioritization, and communication amongst the team.
- Advise Executive Management on opportunities and risks associated with technology services, solutions, and processes
- Provide thought leadership to drive strategy and innovation across the organization
- Manage a large team of technology professionals in spaces including but not limited to IT Operations, eCommerce, IT security, data analytics, and project management
- Direct IT sourcing, provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management, and negotiate contracts with technology vendors and service providers
- Act as a project sponsor for large-scale enterprise-wide technology initiatives. Oversight of the plan development, analysis, evaluation, testing, implementation, integration, and migration strategy for deployment
- Stay abreast of emerging technology trends to enable the future evolution of services in response to internal changes and market requirements
- Proactively identify opportunities to maximize return on investment in technology through benefit enhancement initiatives and cost control initiatives. Assist in the evaluation, cost justification, and implementation of these initiatives
- Develop, update and manage IT strategic and annual operating budgets in partnership with finance
- Ensure departmental compliance with policies and procedures as required
- Oversee IT operating budget and ensure investments align to company priorities
- Collaborate and seek alignment with the Operating Committee to ensure all key stakeholders align to IT initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, MBA or MS preferred
- 15+ years of progressive technology experience required with a minimum 5+ years of enterprise technology leadership experience
- Experience building technology within a manufacturing or retail environment preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Proven leader with strong strategic and business acumen
- Experience managing large technology teams
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Mastery at establishing strategic service provider partnerships
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities; verbal, written and visual
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Is self-directed, and can identify potential problem areas proactively
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must be 21+ years or older
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
GTI prefers all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination at time of hire.