The Maintenance Manager for Green Thumb Industries reports directly to the General Manager. As the Maintenance Manager, you will have full responsibility for the maintenance organization and all equipment, inclusive of production and facility. In this role, you will implement and maintain maintenance objectives and initiatives. This individual will develop and implement strategies and tactics related to the maintenance organization. They will also oversee all aspects of the maintenance process, from installation and upkeep to inspection and repair, often assuming a hands-on role in one or more stages of the process.
- Create and coordinate plant maintenance strategy and tactics
- Monitor and enforce quality, safety standards, policies, procedures and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation
- Oversee and direct departmental budget
- Monitor and enforce associate compliance with state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, NFPA,etc.) relating to maintenance operations
- Forecast and follow up on staffing, workload and performance results
- Implement and develop maintenance asset management processes
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by mentoring, assigning duties, providing recognition, and ensuring diversity awareness to provide opportunities for training and learning and growth.
- Ensure all assigned maintenance activities are being performed safely and according to plant and corporate safety standards and policies
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and develop sustainable solutions for issues with equipment including PLC controlled equipment, plant electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, ventilation systems and mechanical systems including motors, instrumentation, and distribution
- Assist in preparing plant capital plans and cost estimates for projects
- Coordinate installation and startup of equipment as required
- Coordinate equipment shutdowns with production
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Engineering, Business Administration, Production/Operations Management)
- 10+ years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment, with 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience managing budgets, developing manpower forecasts, and analyzing financial/operational data
- Knowledgeable regarding Industrial maintenance processes (e.g., preventative maintenance, material handling equipment, power equipment, facilities upkeep) to include project management
- Experience managing maintenance within an Operations Excellence environment (Toyota Production System (TPS), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean) with responsibility for developing processes, implementing programs, and ensuring deployment
- Relevant Project Management or Maintenance Reliability experience
- Certification(s) as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions
- Works at heights, including on roofs, on scaffolding, up ladders, or in ceiling spaces
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry